When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is The Ferrari F-340 Competizione A 'fake Ferrari'?

TeeJay

Just thought I'd put this topic here as it is essentially a discussion about copying, homage, replication and branding. I just saw links to this car online, and thought "WOW!!!!" I absolutely love how it retains the original styling, but with a modern twist, much like the Tudor Heritage being an update of the 7032 Monte Carlo, but, as it was built by GWA, is it really a Ferrari, or just a car with some Ferrari badges slapped on in the right places? What do y'all think of it, and the issue and how it fits in with out own hobby?

2015150272691055028.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/111091236500/one-off-ferrari-f-340-competizione-by-gullwing-america

Thanks for the comments, gents, I quite agree that it's not really a Ferrari, because it was not made by said company, yet equally, despite the brandings, it's not really a replica or reproduction, because it is a reinterpretation of the original car... To make it more interesting, if the car didn't have the Ferrari badges, and was just labelled GWA, would people then feel it was an homage to Ferrari, or would they feel it was more a case of like with Alpha watches, a company who simply put their own logo on another company's designs? Of course, if anyone was to see it, they would likely just say "Did you see that Ferrari over there?" :lol:

LOVE it... do you have more pics?

Not personally, but there're more photos on the linked article :)

It may not be a real Ferrari but that is one very cool looking car...thanks for posting bro :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I thought you'd like it, bro :drinks: