When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I Being Too Fussy? Help!

watchman12345

Ok just to say for starters this post isnt about accuracy its about general watch finish and quality. Just got my orange PO from a dealer here and on first inspection its great...but when I looked closely theres a few things quite noticable. Now I kno a rep is a rep but Im just wondering if these things are common or if I just got unlucky. OK here it goes...

1) the bezel pearl is awful and the material used to fill it spills out over the side of the metal.

2) black triangle around bezel is a bit weak on the top and some orange comes through.

3) the 9oclock marker has a tiny bit of luminus material coming out over the metal at the bottom corner.

4) the movent is about 30 seconds fast per day.

Now it mite seem as if Im totally unhappy with it but I love the watch. Just wondering if you have to live with these little imperfections or did I just get unlucky. I kno a rep is a rep but this is more of a question of the quality expected from a $220 watch not a question od rep accuracy. Like i kno the minute hand is too short but this doesnt bother me as the minute hand is well made...if ye can get what Im trying to say.

Sorry for the long post, just this is my first rep (and hopefully not my last!!) and would appreciate some feedback!

Thanks a lot.

New watches need a bit of time to settle down before you go regulating em... give it a month or so of run time and check again... I'd be it gets better. Had a sub that ran +40 sec/day when I got it... after about 3 weeks of regular wear it was down to about +6... a week later +4... sold it off for a better sub before I ever broke the caseback opener out to mess with regulating.

New watches need a bit of time to settle down before you go regulating em... give it a month or so of run time and check again... I'd be it gets better. Had a sub that ran +40 sec/day when I got it... after about 3 weeks of regular wear it was down to about +6... a week later +4... sold it off for a better sub before I ever broke the caseback opener out to mess with regulating.

ya to be honest the 30s a day doesnt bother me a bit. its the cosmetics bother me really. ill definitely have to change the pearl. try get photos up soon.

Here are some photos guys. Not really clear enough to pick up the flaws, but nice watch all the same, if I do say so myself! Must get a decent digital camera for myself...

I had quite a few problems when ordering my PO. The first one I received had a scratched bezel and more worryingly a mark on the dial itself, the second one I received the Omega logo was covering 'OMEGA' on the dial... The third one I got is perfect!!! The dealer really looked after me and kept sending more replacements. Speak to your dealer if this bothers you, bring it to their attention and see if they're willing to do anything about it.

One word of advice would be to take better close up pictures otherwise you can't see what you're describing. Instead of just getting closer and closer you can crop pictures as required. Have a look at Pugwash's tutorials if you have the time, they'll help you take better pictures.

All the best,

OK here are the pics a bit better. Ye might be able to see what im talking about now and tell me Im being way too fussy altogether! You can clearly see the peral is awful. The flaw on the 9 hour marker is small its like a bit of the lume was dragged out onto the marker. Its annoying all the same! As for asking for a replacement...I emailed him and his solution was to send a new bezel. When I said about the hour marker he said basically there was nothing he could do.

Pearl.bmp

9_marker.bmp

Edited by watchman12345

OK here are the pics a bit better. Ye might be able to see what im talking about now and tell me Im being way too fussy altogether! You can clearly see the peral is awful. The flaw on the 9 hour marker is small its like a bit of the lume was dragged out onto the marker. Its annoying all the same! As for asking for a replacement...I emailed him and his solution was to send a new bezel. When I said about the hour marker he said basically there was nothing he could do.

Those are both pretty bad flaws - scratch on the bezel, no probs as that could happen but not those flaws you have.

Sure there's something he can do. OK, so it's a rep - if you want the real deal get the gen, but even a rep should at least match the pictures that advertise it! And I bet the pictures that advertised it didn't have a shitty bezel and a mutant hour marker at 9...

Those are both pretty bad flaws - scratch on the bezel, no probs as that could happen but not those flaws you have.

Sure there's something he can do. OK, so it's a rep - if you want the real deal get the gen, but even a rep should at least match the pictures that advertise it! And I bet the pictures that advertised it didn't have a shitty bezel and a mutant hour marker at 9...

Ya I know its a rep so I dont expect perfection. Didnt really expect flaws (as in defects) either tho. I emailed the dealer the photo of the hour marker anyway to see what can be done if anything.

Thanks

Ya I know its a rep so I dont expect perfection. Didnt really expect flaws (as in defects) either tho. I emailed the dealer the photo of the hour marker anyway to see what can be done if anything.

Thanks

Good luck with it. We always stand up for the dealers when they have problems, so it's only fair that we stand up for ourselves as buyers when we have problems.

Good luck with it. We always stand up for the dealers when they have problems, so it's only fair that we stand up for ourselves as buyers when we have problems.

Is the white stuff that is overlapping slightly be scrapped off with a sharp instrument. Is the material too hard to remove? It seems if that could be done it would be better.

Is the white stuff that is overlapping slightly be scrapped off with a sharp instrument. Is the material too hard to remove? It seems if that could be done it would be better.

A new bezel is on the way so Ill try scraping the old one then before I go replacing the whole bezel. The hour marker I think I'm going to have to live with. Dealer doesn't really seem to have a solution! Pity cos as ye know its kind of irritating me!

Thanks.

Update: The dealer said he would try and source me a new dial, he needs time to get onto the maker. So I have a new bezel, dial and bracelet coming for my first purchase! How in the name of god will I fit all those now! Kinda unlucky for a first purchase really. Noobmariner (hopefully) on the way from TTK soon so I hope I will have better look with that!

Edited by watchman12345