When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 292 solving the loosening lugs, its not the screws or lugs or thightening!

Harmtol

Dear Pam lovers,

Almost everyone who's bought the 292 had the same problem. Tried different screws, helped maybe. But its nog the lugs, the screws or the jiggling with tightening the screws. It's de inner case that's glued on the ceramic outer case that comes loose. See the photo's.

I tried glueing it together with 2 component glue (UHU, witch i use for my model RC planes and helicopters). Normally it glue's everything. But i think it doesn't stick on ceramic.

Does anyone know what glue i can use?

Does anyone have a 183 or 287 case for sale (gen or rep)?

See my whole Panerai family...

Thanks for your help....

post-32745-0-45656400-1318170937.jpg

post-32745-0-40893200-1318170834.jpg

post-32745-0-84647800-1318170918.jpg

I ordered the glue witch PeteM advised (Araldite). It came in today. Now i glued is together and it seems to be holding very well.

I also put an other movement in the watch, one with a mattend dial and with higher bpm. The other movement is more shiny and darker. I have putted it in my 183 witch looks now more gen in my opinion.

Well. I'm waiting to get my 292 soon. So I also will order the araldite ceramic to finally fix the problem!

@Harmtol you have any advice on the application of this glue? any special precautions? I understand that there is very little space between ceramic and metal, which is best to use for wipe smudges of glue a simple red alcohol? perhaps acetone or ether is too strong for ceramic surface?

Advice. Try to get as mutch glue between the metal and ceramic. Ruffen the metal a bit with a screwdriver.

The glue can easiely be removed with à paper tissue so you can put a lot of glue in the seam / ridge.

I think i'm going To order longer screws, The lugs need those.

Greets

nope, the scews don't come lose. The screws push the inner case away from the outer case. Then the lugs come lose, because it creates a gap between the outer case and inner case. Normaly the lugs are pressed on to the outercase true the inner case where the screws are in. See the pictues above.

I hope it's more clear to you mate.

greets

• 2 weeks later...

just so I understand better (Im noob, very noob :-) ).

U glue the inner case to the outer one so that the screws will not push it out ? did I understand correctly ?

If so, to sprate the two i need to push out the inner case, spread glue between them and replace it ?

Thanks

Thanks for the link :-)

just so I understand better (Im noob, very noob :-) ).

U glue the inner case to the outer one so that the screws will not push it out ? did I understand correctly ?

If so, to sprate the two i need to push out the inner case, spread glue between them and replace it ?

Thanks

immagine2zo.jpg

I use the photo of Harmtol hoping him does not take offense. @iLanb you have to push out as much as possible the red area, put the glue in the red area, press hard, wait until the glue dries. the problem is solved

• 2 months later...

Hello, I've got the same problem in my 292. I need to remove the crown to separate the inner case from the bezel, but I don't knw how to remove the crown, please can you help me?

There is a little screw close where the stem enters the movement. Pull out the crown to the position where you can change the time. Keep a little pressure on it (like you want to pull it out more) and turn the crew counter clockwise till you pull the crown with stem out of the movement. Don't turn the screw any further, leave it like that for reassembling.

I hope this is of any help.

• 5 months later...

sffhhhrth.jpg

I tried to separate the bezel (red arrows) from the inner case (yellow arrows), but in the side of the crown cant separate, because the crown housing is inside the bezel. I tried to pull it, but is so hard.

Hello again, please, can anyone tell me how to separate them. I need to glued them. thanks.