When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny picture from my summer-holiday!

Major_Error

This is a funny picture from my summer holidays!

I was up in the north of Norway with my wife and children. The place was Lofoten, Svolvær. It is above the Arctic circle. To the north of this the sun is up and shining all day and night during the summertime!

And, the information that you might be interesting in; What kind of watch do you wear on a travel like this? My Tissot T-Touch of course! The ultimate travel watch with the compass. It is very useful, especially in the north!

As you can see on the picture, (I am again trying to get it in from Photobucket. Wish me good luck!), my T-Touch is in front. Take a good look at the watch! It is in compass mode. The north-hand is pointing directly towards the sun!!

Midnattsolskyfri2.jpg

The sun is in the north!

The small different between the north-hand of the compass and the sun is a result of the (magnetic) declination. The different between the magnetic north and the real north. I have adjusted my T-Touch for the declination that exists in Tufsingdalen, an area shortly south of Røros.(A few centimeters further south on a map). This declination is not the same as in Lofoten!

Any way, the time is 00:04 and it is the 28'th of june.... and the sun is shining from the north!

It was an amazing view! I will really recommend you all to visit Lofoten if the opportunity should come up!

PH 8-)

Midnattsolskyfri3.jpg

Thanks for sharing mate... I always loved spending time in Norway

Great to hear that you have a watch that can :)

You talk about declination... mag north etc but when it comes to variation over distance you just say 'a few centimeters on the map' !! :)

Have a great time :)