When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak Offshore Ultimate Grand Prix Carbon

Puretime just posted a preview of a Royal Oak Offshore Ultimate Grand Prix Carbon watch, with AR on the cyclops :)

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-ultimate-grand-prix-carbon-finish-sample-preview/

ap201110160101enl.jpg

ap201110160104enl.jpg

Interesting looking watch, got to wonder how they made the case, and if they will use the AR'ed cyclops in any other AP watches? B)

The GP has got same dimensions as other ROO...in fact it will wear smaller due to the dark case color.

This is an ok first attempt, still has too many obvious flaws like:

No brushed titanium for pusher/crown parts

Tachy should be rosegold

Color of subdials is too dark

.... these are just a few.

Hopefully they'll do the gold and platinum version as well....not a friend of forged carbon.

Theo

http://puretimewatch.com/product/big-bang-king-power-aryton-senna-cf-blackyellow-dial-leather-strap/

Not sure if its the same factory, but there is a full carbon case Hublot released. Doesn't look like the forged carbon finish that AP uses, but I'd take a real carbon case over "carbon finish" SS. You guys think the released version next month will have a real carbon case like the Hublot? Maybe other other forged AP carbon models can be made too down the line?

Id take the rose gold version myself..

We will see the ss version with the PVD coating that should fake the look of forged carbon (FC).

I researched myself for a similar way to achive the look and feel....but beside using a plastic case, ss PVD coat was the only option.

Anyway, the platinum and gold version are both much easier to do as they only use the crown-guards in FC, the rest is Titanium, Platinum, Gold.

.... mmh, so lets wait and see the outcome.

IF the factory really took 6 months to develop this watch, I expect they won´t release it half-ready or only 90% accurate :huh:

Theo

I love Ap's but IMHO this one will never get close to there - combination of case material and clear caseback. Unfortunately as AP rolls out additional Offshores with clear casebacks this party is over. I have never been comfortable sporting a watch where you live in fear that someone asks you to take it off your wrist to try it on.