When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Audiophile's Here? (not Pedophiles!)

slay

I just got a pair of Tannoy Sensys dc2's for my Red Rose Passion and let me tell you, them three do sound like heaven (Shanling cd player powered)! I've been listening to bach beethoven mozart tschaikowsky and vivaldi for the past few hours and I just cant stop!

The music feels like magic in my ears, its just so damn good!! I just love this high end audio stuff!

VMPS RM1 (Ribbon Monitors), B&K Pre and Amp, NAD Digital, AudioQuest GR8 speaker wires, and Tributaries Silver Interconnects....

Old system but still sounds GREAT! I've been jamming to Rossini, Sly and the Family Stone, Leftism, and some Roberta Flack...

Used to run Martin Logan Aerials + Mcintosh 2105/C34v/7005 set. Then, I got married and stepped down the kit to Proac Tablette Sigs + GTA SE40 + Rega Planet CD. Then, I had kids and stepped down again to an HK set + Swan Diva surrounds.

In about 15 years, my kids will have to go to college and I'll step down again to a Sony Walkman and external speakers from an old Dell computer.

But, I'll still have my WM1665 and EE6263!! (maybe)

Technics 1200mkII with stanton trackmaster cart's through 4 kef reference series, velodyne sub and infinity center all powered by denon. Nothin' like good old vinyl.............jammin everything from Rabbit in the Moon to Robert Miles to Floyd, the Doobies, and pre-1980's Chicago. Their Jazzy stuff is the best. Can't forget the king of new york Billy Joel. Always great on a Sunday.

Also in my last car: Infinity separates front and rear, Eclipse head unit, orion xtr 12"subs (x2), Orion xtr 900 and xtreme 1000, stinger cap and 0awg wire, audio control eq/processor.

Vintage Marantz 2325 amp, Grado headphones and still love vinyl :D

Current set up:

Marantz 2325 Amp/Receiver

Marantz 2252B Amp/Receiver

Marantz CD9100 (300CD Juke)

Marantz CDR630

6300 Marantz Direct Drive TT with Grado Gold

Mix of Wharfedale Tower and Bookshelf Speakers

Cambridge Soundworks In-Wall speakers

Grado Headphone Amp

Grado SR-225 Cans

dluddy, vintage Marantz receivers were the business & quite collectible today. Excellent tuners and phono sections plus excellent smooth power. Nice vintage piece!

DuDro, nice choice on the VMPS. I've listened to their monster floor models but haven't had the opportunity to check out their ribbon monitors.

Dynaudio 1.3s on Osiris sand filled stands. Front end is Citation amp and preamp. Source is a modded Pioneer Elite CDP with outboard dac. Cabling, Homegrown Silver ICs & Audioquest Slates speaker cables.

This is another hobby I'm usually messing with and can be more frustrating than watches. :lol:

Former hardcore audiophile here....in recovery (somewhat). I was the hardware editor for Positive Feedback magazine for several years and contributed to several other mags. I was the guy who launched the craze for the Von Schweikert VR-4 loudspeakers and the Golden Tube Audio SE-40 amps. I still have a dedicated listening room in my house and I still have more hardware in there than you can shake a stick at. I figure that its the same recessive male gene that causes audiophilia nervosa and horologica replicata necrosis.

Cheers,

Stuart

I just got a pair of Tannoy Sensys dc2's for my Red Rose Passion and let me tell you, them three do sound like heaven (Shanling cd player powered)! I've been listening to bach beethoven mozart tschaikowsky and vivaldi for the past few hours and I just cant stop!

The music feels like magic in my ears, its just so damn good!! I just love this high end audio stuff!

I heard good things about these...a hybrid of solid state and legacy tube technology..

Did you buy direct from Red Rose or do you have a good source for a discount?

BTW..enjoy those vibes!

Guest eddielee11

AM I THE ONE STILL USING KOSS???? :black_eye::black_eye::black_eye:

I TRIED TO GET A YAMAHA FROM A AUDIO STORE,,,AND SURROUND SPEAKERS FOR THE YAMAHA....BUT IT TAKES SOMEONE WITH A PHD TO HOOK UP THOSE DAMN WIRE.....I RETURNED ALL THE GEAR IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS....AND STILL WITH MY OLD FAITHFUL KOSS.....SOUND AWKFUL....BUT IT STILL PLAYS MY SOOTHING CCR, JIMI HENDRIX, EAGLES...ETC....

one of these days, i will learn to connect speakers to tv, or amp or amp to tv or sub ...etc.... :group:

im a onkyo man myself with cerwin vega surround sound and base, old school but sound awesome to me 5years old and still kicking , lol

joe

eddielee i can see u jamming to some jimmy hendrix with your elvis hair on , lmao :D

WOW, looks like I'm not the only audio-freak here :)

Most of my friends only have sony systems and other junk like that!

I used to have a pair of blaupunkt speakers (very old ones, I got them as a gift from my dad), those cost nearly 2000$ back in the days, which are very good, too, but they dont look to appealing ;) Will try to take some pics of my system when I get the time!

Current setup:

Audiolab 8000A MKIII Integrated Amplifier

Celestion SL6 Si Speakers

2 x Technics 1200 MKII

Pioneer DJM500 Mixer

Marantz CD4000

Marantz CD63 MKI Modified

Audioquest Slate Speaker Cables

Soon to acquire:

Audiolab 8000P Power Amplifier

Audiolab 8000M Monobloc

Quad 21L Floorstanders