When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daylight PAM250K at 1/3 of retail price on Ebay? Gen?...

Smab

Happy Friday:)

Came over this item on EBAY, looks like a steal at that price, but Hey - no box, no papers...

Pics not too good either, may this be one of the older reps? It has no ball bearing on the CW lever, like the new rep at our trusted dealers. It also has a small quick-change date button at 10 o'clock. Does the GEN have that?

Why should the guy sell it at 1/3 of the retail price, it is a collectors item, only 2800 pcs made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panerai-Luminor-Daylight-Chronograph-PAM-250-K-Series-NO-RESERVE-/190591588495?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D15%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3790378748919607008

Opinions?

I say rep. CG lever looks too thin and too far off the case. Date pusher doesn't look octagonal enough to me. That was the situation with the true 7753's. On the A7753 the octagonal portion of the pusher is too prevalent. Finally, crown looks too close to the case and in my heart of hearts the A's look a tad low on the dial. It is really hard to tell especially from the pics. I would pass on it.

Maybe not gen, but very good franken then. This is definitely ETA 7753 movement, not Asian, you can tell by date window size and position - only 250 rep dial for ETA that I know of is one from cartel offering from some two years ago, and this dial is much better. So I say at least dial is gen, perhaps even hands (silver tubes). About case I can't say for sure, hard to tell from such small pictures, but it could well be gen.

regards

I am with Watchmeister, I am not sold. If it is not GEN, it is a SUPER SUPER Franken.

The rehaut depth looks a little too deep. Also, I find "newer" watches (from within the last 10years) missing B&P to be another caution flag. Also, the photos are "just good enough, but NOT good enough for careful observation". :g:

It is just really hard to tell with those pictures. I am now leaning more toward gen. the pics make the dial printing looked washed out but the depth of the sub-dials looks better than any rep dial I have seen. As someone else mentioned at a minimum it is a 7753 movement. But the price is now up to $4500. If you really wanted to own one I suspect you could own one with box and papers for not a lot more. You would be surprised what happens with a WTB on Risti. I have bought a few pieces remarkably priced that way. It is the best way to ensure you are paying a market price.