When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Sub Versus Gen Time Adjustments

hylnder777

Guys, I'm no expert here on this but does anyone know a trusted vendor who makes a true Sub rep that adjusts the hands in the correct direction like the gen ? I have a gen 16610 from 2005 that my dad left me and when I turn the crown to set the time clock-wise the hands advance, turning crown counter-clock wise the hands go backwards. Every rep I've seen operates opposite of the gen. Why can't they get that right? Just curious because I want a good rep to wear when I travel out of town as I have been noticing more scratches lately on my dad's so I want to preserve it. I've even been shown the 3135 clone movement and it is also not correct when adjusting the time. I guess it's not a big deal but if I pay big bucks for a good rep I want it to adjust the same as the gen. Thanks for your help.

Every rep I've seen operates opposite of the gen. Why can't they get that right?

Because of the way the movement is designed. A 28xx movement is simply designed to go the other way. It's not something you can change.

ust curious because I want a good rep to wear when I travel out of town as I have been noticing more scratches lately on my dad's so I want to preserve it. I've even been shown the 3135 clone movement and it is also not correct when adjusting the time. I guess it's not a big deal but if I pay big bucks for a good rep I want it to adjust the same as the gen. Thanks for your help.

If the new SA3135 movement is actually a 3135 clone, it should function the same way.

Question--why do you care? How many people do you adjust the time on your Rolex rep in front of?

I have to echo Sneed's comment: Why do you care? I don't mean that with any hostility, more incredulity, due to the irrelevance of the way someone turns the crown to adjust the hands in the overall scheme of things :pardon: It will still tell the time, regardless of the way needed to wind the crown, and there are many other aspects which could be considered more relevant (ie which would impact on the functionality of the watch) such as water resistance, quality of the luminous markings, etc. Of course, even those depend on if you need to keep the watch on in water or check the time in the dark, but as above, how many people do you plan on adjusting the time in front of? ;) Best of luck with your search though, I hope you find the timepiece you're looking for :good::drinks: