When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How "not" to service your movement.

maxman

Just by looking at the rotor you can see it's ETA shape. Most likely a broken clone. I don't see the point of this video. I could even do that. If he was putting it back together i"d be impressed.

I couldnt agree more...and no video showing the guy putting the movement back together??

He should have just used a hammer..would have been much quicker and to the point.

Mike

He's a MORON, love the way he flicks each screw off as he unscrews it, and the fact that the movement is resting on the seconds pinion during the disassembly...

I was thinking of you Zigmeister when I first saw this..lol...what a embarasment to your fine watchmaking/ skills/craft. :)

Mike

Embarasement to all watchmakers around the world, this is so wrong on so many levels...entertaining though, can't help but wonder what's the point of the whole excercise?

Agreed..and not only Insulting to the watchmakers..but to all of us that apperciate and love the time honored tradition and creation of the mechanical movement.

I think the guy was trying to impress upon viewers how many moving parts are Involved In a mechanical movement...If you go by his video discription...but failed miserably to do so in a proper and professional manor.

Can you tell what the movement is from the video? thanks. :)

Mike

It's definetly not a Sellita, from the finish of the plating I would say it's a Clone ETA 28XX, a gen ETA would not have that rotor marking and the ETA is typically a more subtle gold plating...

Thanks..makes the video a little less horrifying knowing It's a cheep clone. Stll not right..but less horrifying none the less. :D

Mike

One screwdriver can do everything! And hey, why not just touch every piece with your fingers!!

That's what I was thinking too. :) When I saw bare hands at the very start I knew it was going to be bad. Yikes!

I guess maybe he was using the seconds pinion as a kick stand.

Obviously this guy had no intention of ever putting this thing back together. Apparently he's in the rep business so he's probably assembled thousands of these things and could probably put it back together just as quickly as he took it apart. I actually found the disassembly process quite interesting, and from the moment he rested the movement on the seconds pinion I knew this wasn't an exercise in proper watchmaking procedure. Doesn't make it any less interesting.