When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the best all white new Explorer 2 and a very good passable GMT, please

JimmyGee

hi guys,

hope to get the explorer 2 all white dial. can anyone recommend one as all i have been able to find have huge tells. is there one that is a good passable rep, or should i wait for an improved rep?

also after a roli GMT with green seconds hand or the best passable rep.

Have researched heaps before posting, so i'm not being lazy. it's just i don't know much about rolex anyway, so don't know a good rep from a bad.

any help appreciated

thank you

Guess you have read By-Tors review of the Explorer IIs? It is some years old, but the current status is much the same I belive.. There are some decent white dial replicas with black hour markers surround, however the date window is too far to the right.

By-Tor's review is of the Noobfactory Explorer II, which has been out of production for almost two years now.

The best one that's currently available new is this one:

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=127398

If you can find a used Noob Explorer II grab it, otherwise this watch (which isn't as good of a rep, but is still a pretty good watch) is still available new through the various dealers. I got mine from Sead.

The GMT II, if you're talking about the ceramic model all of them are pretty decent, if you want a 16710 there isn't an acceptable one being made right now IMO.

Guess you have read By-Tors review of the Explorer IIs? It is some years old, but the current status is much the same I belive.. There are some decent white dial replicas with black hour markers surround, however the date window is too far to the right.

Yes, thank you, I have read it and it is what made me very interested in this watch. I love the newer model with the thicker hands and orange 24 hour hand. Seen all that I can find from our trusted dealers. Some look like the circles, hour markers look grey and not the same brilliant white like the rest of the dial. The cheaper version with the grey markers have crown and CG that appear to be more like the gen. The more expensive ones, without the grey markers, have crowns and CG which are flush whereas the gens exposes about half of the crown from the CG. I hope I have explained it correctly? I like the older model with the red 24 hour hand at the end of a very thin 24 hour hand. Personally i just like larger dials and the model with the orange 24 hour hand has a 42mm dia. as opposed to 40 mm dia. in the older version. Thank you very much for help..

By-Tor's review is of the Noobfactory Explorer II, which has been out of production for almost two years now.

http://repgeek.com/s...ad.php?t=127398

If you can find a used Noob Explorer II grab it, otherwise this watch (which isn't as good of a rep, but is still a pretty good watch) is still available new through the various dealers. I got mine from Sead.

The GMT II, if you're talking about the ceramic model all of them are pretty decent, if you want a 16710 there isn't an acceptable one being made right now IMO.

Thanks so much for your help. Some time about the start of this year, I had a friend stay over from Australia. I let him have full use of my PC and he was the guy that got me interested in Reps. Anyway this Aussie M8 saw my Gen Pam 312, so he bought a Rep 312 from some Guy in Thailand who appears to be a Big Wig on some Rep Sites, I have since found out. Anyway the watch arrived and there was some problem with the movement falling to pieces while he was looking at it, and the rep had a 3 where there should have been just a marker. There was some unpleasant exchanges between the two and somehow my M8 also got sucked in by some "trolls" on a particular Rep Watch Site and before he knew it he was banned, more so because I think. the Big Wig was fearing being being exposed that his Pam 312 had a 3 when they should have had just a marker. I don't really much else, except that my mate returned to Australia not long after being banned and now the only watch site that I can register with is this one, which I love very much and it has been more than good enough for me to buy about 60 reps that I am very happy with............................ to cut to the case........... I have tried to register myself on some other rep watch sites, that have nothing to do with the site my mate got banned from, but I am sent on a spin and can never register. I'm pretty sure they look at my isp address and think that I am him because he used my PC. All that to say that I just can't register with the site that owns that link you so kindly gave me. Having bought about 60+ Reps since about the new year, just by using this sites trusted dealers, it doesn't worry me too much that I can not register with the other sites. But if permitted to join these other sites, I certainly would not be buying from the Big Wig in Thailand, but his actions have caused the other Trusted Dealers on these other Sites to loss some business, For example the link you gave me could have resulted in a sale but since I my isp address has been banned, then their trusted dealers have lost business by Mr Thailand's actions?

Thanks for the info re the GMT Ceramics, going to buy one tonight from one of OUR Trusted Dealers and will leave the 16710's alone. Sorry for this Dumb question where do I find "Sead" please? (It's O.K. I found out that Sead sells from one of the sites that sends me into a spin so, I can't buy from him). I have seen his name mentioned several times but i just don't know which of our Trusted Dealers he is. I know most of them but not "Sead". Thanks so much for your valuable response to my message.

So, of our trusted dealers, who sells the most accurate looking of all the exp 11, with all white dial and orange 24 hand?

I saw some on TS. The cheaper one has grey hour markers, but the crown and CG are more like the rep in that the crown sits a little above the CG.

The more expensive one looks like all the other cases sold by most of our trusted dealers, in that the Crown and CG are flush unlike the gen, and to my untrained eye, the rest looks close enough, but I can't live with that flush crown and CG. Nor can I live with the grey markers and the add does not say if the 24 hour hand is working or fake, so out goes that one and since I can't look at Sead's version or even buy from him, thanks to my mate and Mr Thailand, so out goes that as well. I will end up buying a second hand older 40mm model which I have seen some for around £2,500. When they make a good reps of the newer model, I'll then buy one.

Thank you Gentlemen for your help.

http://repgeek.com/s...ad.php?t=127398

Are any of our trusted dealers selling this rep:: thttp://repgeek.com/s...ad.php?t=127398 ?

I did a little writeup on my White Dial ExpII. It was the first Rep I got from a TD. Like you I am loving the orange GMT hand as it goes well against light brown skin.

Mine is on its way back from Josh following a movement failure.

One thing - you will probably ned to soften the bracelet up a little round the clasp with some 600Grit cloth, and the AR on the crystal is very light.

Hope this helps

N

Dude, I said right in my post--I got mine from Sead.

And so you did, Thank You, but my problem is that I can not buy from Sead unless he is a Dealer on this Forum. I explain all that in my earlier post. If he does sell from this Forum using a name that is not Sead, then I would be very grateful to know what he calls himself on this Forum. Thank You

LOL

I'm rebuilding one soon and will post reviews and numbers on it. Will be using an ETA GMT movement though

E

Great! If you are building for yourself enjoy it. If you intend selling would love to see the end result. Thank you.

I did a little writeup on my White Dial ExpII. It was the first Rep I got from a TD. Like you I am loving the orange GMT hand as it goes well against light brown skin.

http://www.rwg.cc/to...__fromsearch__1

Mine is on its way back from Josh following a movement failure.

One thing - you will probably ned to soften the bracelet up a little round the clasp with some 600Grit cloth, and the AR on the crystal is very light.

Hope this helps

N

Sure Does Help. Thank you very much.

Great! If you are building for yourself enjoy it. If you intend selling would love to see the end result. Thank you.

Building for the wife, but if she doesn't like it, it will go on sale.

I intend on rebuilding them to gen specs and just slightly age the white dial a bit so that is not so "snow white"

E

And so you did, Thank You, but my problem is that I can not buy from Sead unless he is a Dealer on this Forum. I explain all that in my earlier post. If he does sell from this Forum using a name that is not Sead, then I would be very grateful to know what he calls himself on this Forum. Thank You

Uhh... did you try looking for him? Sead is a trusted dealer on this forum. Go to the main RWG page and do a search (either using the search function, or just using "find" in your browser) for Sead. He has his own section.

Sure Does Help. Thank you very much.

Can't see the pics on your post, but will now check Josh and thanks so much for your thoughtful suggestion.

Be interested to see if you are going for a CHS or a non-CHS version.

I went for the non CHS version as I heard that the CHS modded movement was more prone to failures.

But then my movement failed even though I did not fiddle around with the GMT hand setting at all (I set it once when I got the watch, and sinze then just had the GMT hand move with the hour hand). So maybe the CHS version would have been better!

Of course this is going to apply to all of the cloned GMT movements (I notice you were after another GMT rep as well)

Right now my feeling is that this is a nice first gen replication of the dial, hands and caseset. It was done from pictures of the new EXPII and when the Cartel gets their hands on a real one the replication might improve.

However if I had my money round again I would stay clear of a cloned GMT movement.

Just my two pennies worth ...

• Like 1

Uhh... did you try looking for him? Sead is a trusted dealer on this forum. Go to the main RWG page and do a search (either using the search function, or just using "find" in your browser) for Sead. He has his own section.

Thank You. Silly me, for not knowing that Sead was Supermirrors. :bangin: I'll know go out and try to find what i'm looking for and huge thank you because without your help, I could have lived in ignorance for the rest of my life (and I am not being sarcastic, I mean it.) :)

Thank You. Silly me, for not knowing that Sead was Supermirrors. :bangin: I'll now go out and try to find what I'm looking for, and huge thank you because without your help, I could have lived in ignorance for the rest of my life (and I am not being sarcastic, I mean it.) :)

I'm so dumb, don't even know what to do when I want to edit my posts for spello's, etc. but get some "notice" saying "something" about "something" and it won't let me do anything except keep the original post. :wub: Only started happening a few days ago. Not to mention that I did't know you had to click on the Smiley up top to get a haep of other Smilyes down below and even more Smileys if I click on Show All. I hope I have got :wub" right and hope it means what Ii hope it means.

Be interested to see if you are going for a CHS or a non-CHS version.

I went for the non CHS version as I heard that the CHS modded movement was more prone to failures.

But then my movement failed even though I did not fiddle around with the GMT hand setting at all (I set it once when I got the watch, and sinze then just had the GMT hand move with the hour hand). So maybe the CHS version would have been better!

Of course this is going to apply to all of the cloned GMT movements (I notice you were after another GMT rep as well)

Right now my feeling is that this is a nice first gen replication of the dial, hands and caseset. It was done from pictures of the new EXPII and when the Cartel gets their hands on a real one the replication might improve.

However if I had my money round again I would stay clear of a cloned GMT movement.

Just my two pennies worth ...

Sorry, have no idea what "CHS or a non-CHS version" means. but i think it means "Chinese" Movement, I still appreciate your response very much. Have checked the Official Rolli Site and ran the pics against most of our Trusted Dealers and to my untrained eye all the second hands are too thin, all the Crowns and Crown Guards seem too flush, and one Dealer only has Pics with the Crown fully extended so no use commenting on that one, except that the Crown looks too big to even fit into the Crown Guards. Because of all these "tells" I don't want spend $288 on the white exp 11, until a "Good Version Comes Out". Since I can't find out if the 24 hour is faux on the $114 A21J version, it only leaves me with the $218 Version with the Asian 2836 Movement. Until there is a "Very Good Version" to buy, I won't spend any more than I have to. Was also wondering how all the Dealers have the exact same price for all the various models? Sure, I know that they all (buy the look of them) all come from the same factory, but price fixation? Hmmmm.

Haven't looked at the ones sold by Sead yet, so maybe their is all ready a Decent Version to buy now? Thanks to all and i hope i have offended no one, and writing about my observation of the "fixed prices" does not land me in jail, or worse, get banned from this wonderful, fun, site, that unlike other sites is much more tolerant regarding freedom of speech :ban:

Sorry, have no idea what "CHS or a non-CHS version" means. but i think it means "Chinese" Movement,

Nope.

"CHS" is "Correct Hand Stack."

The Rolex 3185/3186 movements were designed such that the hour hand is on the bottom of the stack. Most rep movements do not duplicate this, for various technical reasons.

There are very few reps with faux 24 hour hands, even the cheap ones usually work (although sometimes they are not independently adjustable).

JimmyGee...

My experience with CHS and IcHS...

I have owned a few swisseta IcHS 2836-2 powered modern sapphire GMT/Ex II type watches and never had any trouble with them. Had trouble with one 1655 type watch with the basic same movement (but slower beat) and it was easy to repair. Look in the "How To Articles" to read about it.

Worked on a couple CHS sapphire Ex II with a sorry adjustable 24 hour hand modification that used a pair of case clamps to hold the 24 hour wheel down. They were J-U-N-K! There are a couple reviews on them around here somewhere. Later versions may be better...or worse, I do not know.

Owned a few IcHS DG 3804B powered sapphire GMT/Ex II watches and they were Ok. Iirc, they have adjustable 24 hour hands. Turn the crown one way and the date flips, turn it the other way and the 24 hour hand moves ahead. I had no trouble with them.

Also had a few unsigned modified DG 2812 (or whatever they were) with 24 hour hands and they were Ok too but the 24 hour hands were not adjustible. Still have a few left over from 10+ years ago that still run.

Only problems I have had with CH/DG Miyota clones is low running reserve.

Asian etaclones may have QC problems where swisseta should not. I am not much of a fan of Asian etaclones...too many have gone toes up.

My favorite low buck GMT of them all is a swisseta 2836-2 with the simple 24 hour setup...but it is IcHS for sapphire models or plastic QS GMT.

The trouble now is...they are not low buck anymore.

note:

IcHS for late GMT/Ex II = CHS for GMT 1675 and Ex II 1655.

Now I have a headache. :partytime: