When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1665 Case

vlydog

Greetings Forum,

This is an earlier MBW 1665 case. Next year I plan on completing my 1665 project. I am off to a good start with my gen parts but have reached a crossroads with my case choice.

Phong's case is an easy choice if I wanted to shell out an additional 1200 bucks but seeing that I already own this case, I am entertaining the possibility of using this one.

Opinions and comments welcome.

How does this case look?

case005.jpg

case004.jpg

case003.jpg

case002.jpg

case001.jpg

Thank you

its a nice case, things can be done to make the valve look a lot better.

same laser etched non working valve.

once modded and done up right these MBWs can achieve a very nice look even with out adding gen parts (though gen parts just complete it ;)

How about the case in regards to its' lines and symmetry when comparing it to a gen case?

Vly,

Freddy actually had a nice write up on the HEV. I may do that next Spring on this case I have(same as yours) to finish the 1665. I switched from the 5514 case to this one (for the more correct bezel) and will use the 5514 for an Ubi inspired 5513 Pre-Comex. Correct case back is key and all of the other Gen parts fit correctly.

What movement will you put in it? dial?

E

I just received a PT 1665 double red. I am impressed with what I got for the money. Out of the box it's several steps ahead of MBW. Nice end links perfectly fit, nice gen like pearl, dial although not perfect does have blood red lettering more similar to gen, lug holes drilled to correct size with correct size spring bars. On the negative side

Crystal is not seated properly, bezel moves freely so possibly no compression ring, some dates don't switch over correctly, crown too big, CG need significant trimming.

I have one question.....when I compare the Clark super dome on my MBW vs the stock PT I really don't see much of a difference. I read that the crystal is poor on this watch but just don't see it. Am I missing something?

I just received a PT 1665 double red. I am impressed with what I got for the money. Out of the box it's several steps ahead of MBW. Nice end links perfectly fit, nice gen like pearl, dial although not perfect does have blood red lettering more similar to gen, lug holes drilled to correct size with correct size spring bars. On the negative side

Crystal is not seated properly, bezel moves freely so possibly no compression ring, some dates don't switch over correctly, crown too big, CG need significant trimming.

I have one question.....when I compare the Clark super dome on my MBW vs the stock PT I really don't see much of a difference. I read that the crystal is poor on this watch but just don't see it. Am I missing something?

Clarks has two versions of the Dome. Their T-39 superdome is more like it. I prefer their regular dome crystal though.

E

• 3 weeks later...