When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Navitimer Spatiographe

redwatch

Presumably you fitted the movt in with the dial? And now the stem is too far back?

Whole thing is off to Zig to see what he can make of it. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can figure out a way to make all the bits work together. ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well after a very valiant effort on the Zigmeisters part, it is with sad news that it looks like I will have to abandon this project. The gen watch/movement has a big offset between the pushers and the crown and the 7750 case sets just aren't deep enough to work with. Ziggy was even going to try milling a shim piece to thicken up the case but it just didn't work out unfortunately.

:(

Thanks everyone. To say I am severely bummed would be a huge understatement. I feel like I lost my dog or something. Very odd to become so excited and attached to a project only to have it slip through your fingers. Of course there are several options at this point, but the bottom line is that it is getting too expensive to justify the build. This is definitely one of those situations where you are better off to buy the gen and call it a day.

Thanks all for the support, encouragement and input! It's been a blast! :D

Now what the heck am I going to build now.......... :tu: