When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Rwg Members With Fax/broadband....

2005SUBMARINER

hey guys i just switched to broadband internet service & now i cant seen to send out faxes useing my samantec WINFAX software :thumbdown: ..

does any one knows if theres any fax software out there or even a fax machine that is capable of sending out faxes via broadband server ?

thanx ..

Most VOIP providers do not support Fax :thumbdown:

When you were using WINFAX, your dial-up modem was ringing the phone line as a fax machine and not as a PC modem. It can do this because it sends PC data as essentially voice 'noise', like a fax.

A broadband modem doesn't work like that at all, so it can't pull the same fax trick.

There are some options:

If you have a free or very cheap dial-up ISP account, you could still connect up your old dial-up modem to the phone line and use it like you used to. As Ken said, add that filter on the end.

There is a VOIP fax format, but I wouldn't say it is widely adopted, or necessarily easy to set up. (And I have no idea if it works with your WINFAX software).

Or you can use an online fax service - you email the word document or whatever, and it faxes it to the number. There are even some free ones out there, but they don't always send them straight away (bad news if important, or sending to someone's house - it might call them at 2am).

Cheers! :)

When you were using WINFAX, your dial-up modem was ringing the phone line as a fax machine and not as a PC modem. It can do this because it sends PC data as essentially voice 'noise', like a fax.

A broadband modem doesn't work like that at all, so it can't pull the same fax trick.

There are some options:

If you have a free or very cheap dial-up ISP account, you could still connect up your old dial-up modem to the phone line and use it like you used to. As Ken said, add that filter on the end.

There is a VOIP fax format, but I wouldn't say it is widely adopted, or necessarily easy to set up. (And I have no idea if it works with your WINFAX software).

Or you can use an online fax service - you email the word document or whatever, and it faxes it to the number. There are even some free ones out there, but they don't always send them straight away (bad news if important, or sending to someone's house - it might call them at 2am).

Cheers! :)

THANX for the info !

broadband is very fast ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but having no fax features sure suck the big one !!! :thumbdown:

& i do send faxes quite often ..

hey guys would this new sharp broadband fax will work with roadrunner broadband server ?

new sharp broadband fax machine

hey guys would this new sharp broadband fax will work with roadrunner broadband server ?

No, this will only allow you to send faxes to e-mailadresses, not other fax machines! For "traditional" faxing, you will have to hook it up to your landline.

Why haven't you kept the old modem plugged into the old phone line to fax like you always did? What changed?

what i did was upgraded to roadrunner digital cable / internet / digital phone ..

so i cancealed out the traditional phone line , was 2 expensive to keep both :( ..

but the only down fall to this whole situation is that theres no way in hell that i can fax via broadband server :thumbdown: ..

guess i have to settle for office max fax services :thumbdown:

Google for "online fax" and you'll find some alternatives with the email-to-fax. I wouldn't want to pick one out, because obviously you need a price and plan that suits you (for example, it should be possible to get pay as you go if you don't need an incoming fax number I would think). But being online, this is great with broadband.

Cheers!

Google for "online fax" and you'll find some alternatives with the email-to-fax. I wouldn't want to pick one out, because obviously you need a price and plan that suits you (for example, it should be possible to get pay as you go if you don't need an incoming fax number I would think). But being online, this is great with broadband.

Cheers!

sounds great thanx man ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: