When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

I think I'm going to make 8 more posts myself just to get this over 300...

Anyone else watching the Super Bowl and posting in RWG right now?

Good luck to both of the teams, seems like a juicy brother vs brother clash. The only thing I personally care about is the Reds giving the Spurs a decent spanking this fine afternoon. YNWA

THREAD'S 300th POST!!!

Woo Hoo! 400th just around the corner ;)

Hard to choose, it's funny how taste goes, since I read vandals review of the Pam 177 I want one, looks lovely, and understated... but as far as the dssd goes...could never stand them, way too in your face and for me they epitomise everything that's wrong these days about rolex...no doubt a great rep, better than the PO, that's a fact, ...

but I read ByTors comments on the dssd a few days ago and it sums it up lovely.... hehe :) No offense to anyone intended, I'm a wear what you like kinda person.

The Pam288 is a great rep but it's a big one, huge case on it, still humming and hawing over that one aswell.

My PO is on it's way right now. I'll write another review of that one when it gets here if you want to compare. I'm sure you've seen Wetwork's fantastic review on the PO as well. The pearl on my QC pics looked pretty spot-on. I'm hoping that the crown works smoothly, but I'll have to wait til I get it to report back.

But I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the opinions on the DSSD. I don't know if I'm missing something, but I don't see it as that in-your-face. To me, it's very similar to the sub but without the cyclops date window, which I think gives it a simpler looking face. I've been wearing it around quite a bit and I haven't had one single person even notice it yet, much less make a comment. So if your concerned about attracting attention, my experience so far is that it doesn't.

Damn it. Just when I was thinking to pull the trigger on PO, here comes Mr. Vandal and ruins it all once again LOL.

I like DSSD because it doesn't have that ridiculous cyclops and the ceramic bezel insert and, of course, the great lume. My main concern with DSSD is that you just can not hide the fact it is Rolex. Most people know what Rolex is, so in my mind questions will be inevitable. This may lead to me not wearing the watch at all.

PO on the other hand is spot on but those tube issues are a concern, because I really just want to wear the watch at this point, without needing repairs out of the box. I may even disregard the pearl position, because as far as I can see from the recent QC photos they do make it almost spot on these days, but I can not take a chance on functionality. Lume isn't that great either, but for 100 bucks less... On my god, my head is going to explode. Even my business decisions are easier to make, damn it... :)

Don't mind me ade, I'm just talking out loud :) Go for the dssd if you like the design, f*** what people think, they'd question any rolex the minute they see the name on the dial, don't let that put you off some nice reps.

The thing that always got me with the dssd, is that it's just too mofookin big, and I've just always loved the classic sub design and size...it's part of its appeal. Saying that, there's bigger about these days but I always had trouble looking at the dssd as a kind of sub that took too much steroids :)

DSSD-VS-SUB-1.jpgDSSD-VS-SUB-2.jpg

but I always had trouble looking at the dssd as a kind of sub that took too much steroids :)

Agreed, any steroids is too much steriods (unless there is some medical reason to take it) :snorkel: SDDS is clearly steroid less

I agree with the Rolex comment Ade, that it draws what could be (depending on the wearer) un-necessary attention. Now that I look at them side by side, you could be right, I am leaning in the direction that the DSSD is too big. On the other hand, the Sub is 40mm, smaller than the PO, I love my PO, but now I am wishing I got the 45mm instead of the 42mm, so the SUB is out.

I think a wee bit more "face" on the PO would have been a wee bit better for my wrist. The 45.5,, PO is only slightly thicker than the 42, but still 2.5mm less than the DSSD. I don't really need two PO's, and I don't really want to sell this one as it keep awesome time, and is a great REP. to risk getting a not great 45.5mm REP. Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh.

I agree with the Rolex comment Ade, that it draws what could be (depending on the wearer) un-necessary attention. Now that I look at them side by side, you could be right, I am leaning in the direction that the DSSD is too big. On the other hand, the Sub is 40mm, smaller than the PO, I love my PO, but now I am wishing I got the 45mm instead of the 42mm, so the SUB is out.

I think a wee bit more "face" on the PO would have been a wee bit better for my wrist. The 45.5,, PO is only slightly thicker than the 42, but still 2.5mm less than the DSSD. I don't really need two PO's, and I don't really want to sell this one as it keep awesome time, and is a great REP. to risk getting a not great 45.5mm REP. Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhh.

I kinda think the same thing about the PO Wetwork. I kinda wish I would have gotten the 45mm as well. I was just going off what I've heard a lot of people say about the size. The 42mm looks good on my wrist, but I think the 45mm would have a had little more substantial presence.

As far as the DSSD, the reason it doesn't draw attention on me is when people see me, they'd be surprised if I wasn't wearing a $10,000 Rolex. That's just how I roll..

Edited by vandal.tbh

As far as the DSSD, the reason it doesn't draw attention on me is when people see me, they'd be surprised if I wasn't wearing a $10,000 Rolex. That's just how I roll..

F'n awesome. LOL

If I have to sell mine, it probably won't be a problem because I am A. In America and B. Can take CC's.

I kinda think the same thing about the PO Wetwork. I kinda wish I would have gotten the 45mm as well. I was just going off what I've heard a lot of people say about the size. The 42mm looks good on my wrist, but I think the 45mm would have a had little more substantial presence.

Great answer! :pimp:

I'm sure you can sell your 42mm if you want to. It looked really great and it shouldn't be too hard to find a buyer.

Get one of these for $1. I have a very similar tool and it was super easy.

Well my goodness! My wallet just jumped out of my back pocket and just pressed "Buy It Now"! What on earth do you suppose that's all about?

Seriously, I think I've found a new hobby. I'd definitely like a Gen at some point (after I'm done with my PhD, maybe), but for now, this thing is pretty good.

Excellent answer. You're right, it's always about the wearer. I'll check the DSSD's size once more at the AD today, just to be sure that it isn't too large for my wrist.

@WetWork - I think you've made the right choice with 42. Sure the "face" is a bit smaller, but I wouldn't be too worried about the size of it. The 42 is definitely a better rep. With the one you have you can simply wear it without any modifications, and in the future if problems arise with the tube you can always buy a new crown. But for now it seems like you have an excellent specimen.

Well my goodness! My wallet just jumped out of my back pocket and just pressed "Buy It Now"! What on earth do you suppose that's all about?

Seriously, I think I've found a new hobby. I'd definitely like a Gen at some point (after I'm done with my PhD, maybe), but for now, this thing is pretty good.

you gotta post some pics!

This one, it's really cool...

http://www.rwg.cc/to...11#entry1069311

is it a rep, looks gen!

Rep. Yes.Thank you, Bought from a dealer,,,SEAN I think

Review here

BTW I also have an older version its the first REPLICA sold by Andrew (Trusty) on the old RWG

holdcorectiii.jpg

Btw, I got a cool story from my last visit to the AD store.

So I went to compare DSSD and PO today, and I met the Omega AD store owner, a cool older lady, who was wearing an Orange 45.5 PO herself, imagine that. As I was checking the PO on my wrist, she spotted my MarkXVI, and complimented me, but said that she thinks that the dial isn't that correct. I said, yes, they haven't been able to replicate it correctly yet and I was looking for a gen dial to replace it, so we went into conversation about gens and reps, movements, the pricing of watches etc and she cracked me up with a story about George Daniels hitting on her at Bazel fair, years back, despite him being over 70 and her being a lesbian LOL. Obviously asked her about her watch and she said that she liked masculine watches and her purchasing a rep Speedy years ago was what got her into business in the first place and also that she had about 50 watches in her collection, reps and gens, but mostly reps. Extremely knowledgeable lady and a very cool person. Swear to god I almost bought a gen PO from her today. LOL

Don't mind me ade, I'm just talking out loud :) Go for the dssd if you like the design, f*** what people think, they'd question any rolex the minute they see the name on the dial, don't let that put you off some nice reps.

The thing that always got me with the dssd, is that it's just too mofookin big, and I've just always loved the classic sub design and size...it's part of its appeal. Saying that, there's bigger about these days but I always had trouble looking at the dssd as a kind of sub that took too much steroids :)

DSSD-VS-SUB-1.jpgDSSD-VS-SUB-2.jpg

wow i never thought the dssd was that big