When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage PN 6263 Daytona

mir36

I've been reading up quite a bit on all the excellent Daytona posts here and after months of resistance, finally sent a mail to Spinmaster asking him to please build me an iconic Daytona.

Here is the result:

2c2e5338.jpg

I've seen pics of the gens with dials still white as snow, however I must admit I love the 'tropicalized' (?) effect Spin achieved on the dial. The watch has all the usual Spin upgrades (gen crystal, tube and crown), quality control touches and runs like a COSC champ.

Color-wise, the pic below is a very accurate take of what the dial looks like in real life...

c5e562c0.jpg

I realize quite a bit of upgrades are still required to take this to the next OCD level (bracelet, pushers, softening the case edges under the crown, etc.). However I'm really enjoying this just as it is.

Thanks for looking and a final question to the experts: Did the exotic dial come in any other colors which are available in the rep world?

P.S. @ ZK, looking forward to seeing your vintagized PN.

Edited by mir36

Nice one, mir36!

Did the exotic dial come in any other colors which are available in the rep world?

Depending on which Italian expert you speak to, there were also two red variants of the PN: White subdials on red and black subdials on red. Bona fides of both types are still in dispute. Both dials may still be available from DW.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Hey Mir...

I was just thinking about you and your watch :) when i was driving to pic mine up today :)

Spin shipped it on saterday and i got it in EU today!

Man im so happy with this watch :) it looks amazing and it feels so good on the wrist!!!

I have the same mods as you also the dial :) the dial is the best part if you ask me, spin is realy the best out there when it comes to these dials :)

Sorry mir i just hade time for some iphone pics, i will do better during the weekend!

5398fe8a.jpg

d6ed8ff8.jpg

• 11 months later...