When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just a little frustrated and Dissapointed

L8terz

So here I am browsing through the Trading zone and I spot this watch I liked. I contacted the seller and we proceeded to exchange e-mails for a couple of days. Ended up scoring a couple more and coming to a great deal for the both of us. I payed the seller in full via PayPal earlier today and then within hours " The Seller" backed out for some very unusual reason. Amazingly he changed his mind because he wanted references from me. How in the world does one come to that determination? He was already paid and all he had to do was put the watches in a box and mail it.

So my question is, if you are having " Sellers Remorse" then why in the world did you put your item up for sale and leave the add posted for a while? Interestingly enough, he promptly refunded my money but I have to wait a whole week before PayPal will release my money. At least that's what they said over the phone. My money is now hanging out there when it could be warming up someones wallet and I could be peeping the time with some very nice time pieces. Not to mention this may cause me to avoid the Trading zone from now on due to this situation.

Fortunately I handled this in a very calm and professional manner and even bid the member best wishes for the future. I apologize for the rant and I hope this doesn't happen to someone else. The End.

sorry to hear....maybe the seller is in his first deals too as a seller. I remember getting quite nervous about the first time from this side of the hobby....well at least you have your money back, thats a good point, and i'm sure, you'll find another watch you'll like, maybe more than this one ;)

Edited by whoever

Bummer, and PP sucks sometimes in this area... but--

The goods and services exchanged here are not exactly the same as buying on Amazon or eBay. I have always felt the Seller has to be 'comfortable' in their decision/picking the buyer. In a "normal" transaction I really believe the Seller has the most to loose. (PP Disputes, Lost in the mail, getting shopped by a brand/LEO, noob with unrealistic expectations).

Buyers should do their research on the seller, and choose accordingly. Sellers should make their Terms and Conditions clear, pick the Buyer accordingly.

Personally, I normally honor FIFO (First In, First Out), BUT define my terms to where I am willing to ship, how many posts the buyer must have -or- "I will not sell to 0 post, buyers".

Good news is, sounds like everyone is safe, but I agree it can be disappointing.

The good news is..you were not scamed..the seller for whatever reason backed out. Better that than having problems down the road.

That being said..the seller should have made up his mind before excepting your money. I feel that he waisted not only your time... but his own.

But the seller was uncomfortable for whatever reason...maybe he did you a favor In the long run.....one way to look at It anyway.

At least at the end of the day..or week In this case...you have your money....I say "happy ending" :)

Mike

So here I am browsing through the Trading zone and I spot this watch I liked. I contacted the seller and we proceeded to exchange e-mails for a couple of days. Ended up scoring a couple more and coming to a great deal for the both of us.

Or he could have gotten gun shy after too many e-mails, too many questions, and negotiating a lower price than he was comfortable with.

Too many times lately, people have been buying watches and then immediately finding fault and trying to beat down the seller even further. I for one, would be very careful these days as to whom I was dealing with.

I have no idea what went on between you two and you may be totally above board. But it is possible that he decided against you as a buyer. Or not. Just something to think about.

Bottom line:

Once the deal is made, and $$'s change hands is NOT the time to "reconsider" a deal!!.....IMNSFHO, it was incumbent upon this seller to fulfill his part of the bargain, and ship the goods as agreed!!

Buyers OR sellers "remorse" have no standing once a "deal" is agreed to...

I for one would like to know the name of this seller, to avoid ever doing business with him in the future....

One of the burdens that come with the privilege of participating of these fora is to adhere to the rules of fairness regarding trading and selling.

The buyer has been deprived of the use of his OWN money for an unspecified period by the unreasonable actions of the seller, and that's just plain wrong!!!

Just my opinion, but I've bought and sold a LOT of watches over the past 20 years!!!

Once I decide to sell, I emotionally disconnect myself from the object - in this case watches. Sometimes we act irrationally in a deal because of emotional involvement. I've definitely shipped off some very rare and hard to find timepiece because I made a deal. In some cases I made a deal because someone reached out with an unsolicited offer. Once I make a deal, though, it's a deal. The time to waffle was during the negotiation. Stick to your terms so you don't feel bad when you ship the goods - you might just wish you didn't make the deal, and then make up some story to extricate yourself. The road to hell is often paved with good intentions.

Glad you simply moved on despite feeling gutted about it. Think of it this way - maybe you won in the end. You just won't get to know what the fates had in mind, unless this was it.

Stay the course, L8terz - we're not all built the same.

If the two of you agreed a price, you had already paid all the money and he didn't repost all the watches than unfortunately I would guess he got a better offer on at least one. Yes, it is great you didn't lose your money but if you two were in agreement on all points and the money was sent it is still kind of crappy. You are the bigger person for not making a stink but still it is poor "sportsmanship". :(

He didnt repost it but his ad is still active. I agree that if he doesn't want to sell the watch then he should postpone the ad at least until he's more comfortable.

Ads remain for 90 days+...

No choice by the seller...

Tis a forum policy...

He can't touch it...

However, he can add the word "Withdrawn" in his Topic Title...

TT

I onced agreed with a member on RG on a nice watch for a good price.

Paid him via Paypal and gave him my personal details.

Hours later he refunded with the note

"Sold the watch to somebody else. Sorry"

I'm sure he got a better offer afterwards.

He lied about it later on to the mods though, posted my personal details in the open forum too.

I called him a [censored] in the sales thread and got banned for a couple of weeks from RG :lol:

[censored] happens....he is still selling over there though

It's all in the game yo ;)

Edited by Akira

Well..........for the sport of the topic, the primary watch was a DSSD. But you'll notice for some other reason there were others visible which caused me to ask about those for sale. Happy hunting.

Additional hint : I didn't respond to the add, I contacted the seller directly.