When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pearl for 1665 DRSD

danielv2000

I have an MBW DRSD en route with a missing pearl. What is the best source for a gen looking pearl? I have Red 1680 with a gen insert and pearl and the pearl is simply stunning I am afraid I will be disappointed with anything but gen.

Alternatively, I've looked on VRF and gen inserts for a 1665 rarely come up.

Thanks for the input

Same as Rolex currently fits during service. If you need to match an existing patina, you will need to either hollow out the existing lume & fill the dot with a custom color, dye/tint the dot externally or go gen, as I ultimately did

004-5.jpg

002-2.jpg

Freddy that looks great!

I assume you saw the HC ebay sellers pearls I bought. To me, they have a look similar to yours.

I have the Ofrei, HC ebay, and a Nos gen lumi here, and all three other than color..as far as size and shape seem the same.

Can you share how to stain or age the Ofrie pearl? I soaked one in iodine with no luck or change in color after drilling it out.

The drill out and relume, I understand..but I'd like to know what else is involved..if anything.

Thanks

ive compared the ofrei pearl with a gen lumi pearl side by side

the ofrei one has a slightly larger diameter, the paste isnt as white, more greenish. and the dome is curved to almost a point, where as the gen is more flat.

i think if you remove the luminous paste and polish the top its a REALLY good replacement pearl

ive compared the ofrei pearl with a gen lumi pearl side by side

the ofrei one has a slightly larger diameter, the paste isnt as white, more greenish. and the dome is curved to almost a point, where as the gen is more flat.

i think if you remove the luminous paste and polish the top its a REALLY good replacement pearl

Thanks for that. How would i remove the paste and what should I use to polish?

Ok, before I order, I have one more question.

Am I better off with the Ofrei pearl or should consider buying this MBK insert with pearl on sale right here:

http://www.rwg.cc/to...x-551316651680/

Thanks

The MBK/MBW insert itself is fine, but the pearl is nothing like the gen or Ofrei pearl that Freddy posted. I am not sure if they are even hollow.