When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me remove a pube from a 6497

mastrmindalliance

Hi so i need to remove this:

6497-pube.jpg

I don't want to just yank it out. I want to remove it properly as it seems to be wrapped around whatever is under that jewel and the seconds wheel so just tweezering the bastard will leave leftover pube. The reason i think yanking it out wont properly fix it, is that it arrived working only intermittently. The olde plam clap would get it working again, but as of a couple days ago it's stopped completely. Leading me to believe it's wrapped around something.

Does anyone know how little of the movement i can get away with removing to get at the seconds wheel post/cog?

Thanks for any help. :)

Wow. You got that answer fast. I hope it was correct advice. Just to cover the bases perform the following.

1) While holding the crown tightly in one hand pull back the click from the ratchet wheel to allow the barrel to unload it's energy

2) Slowly release pressure from the crown and allow it to unwind....slowly...until all power is released

3) Remove bridge covering said pube

4) Remove offending pube

5) May as well clean the bridge and also pinion with some rodico while it is off

6) Re-assemble bridge

7) Lube where appropriate

Steps 1 and 2 are key. If all power is not released from the barrel the movement will go kaploey when that bridge comes off and damage will ensue.

Hope you get your pubes in order :)

How'd you get a pube caught in your movement? :g:

I can't take responsibility for the pubing of this movement. It arrived sealed with a bonus.

Ziggiy is your man and the only watchmaker with pube removal experience I know of :good:

I use zig but think i can take care of this myself.

Wow. You got that answer fast. I hope it was correct advice. Just to cover the bases perform the following.

1) While holding the crown tightly in one hand pull back the click from the ratchet wheel to allow the barrel to unload it's energy

2) Slowly release pressure from the crown and allow it to unwind....slowly...until all power is released

yep, something like a dozen posts in matter of minutes. But thanks for this. That wraps it up better than anything i found online.

Thanks all :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a pubie between the 10-11 hour markers on my Panerai 250. I didnt see the lil booger for a year or so after I purchased the watch.

In my mind I see these lilttle naked Chinese folks with there junk hanging out as they make are watches......what a pleasant thought. :unsure:

Mike