When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam reps are improving, why not Rolex?!

grifter

The 1655 was pretty decent and had a mid case that accepted gen parts. Not to mention the great folded bracelet it came with. All for under $100! The second version even corrected the outer markers on the dial. Then that was it. poof. gone.PT has the 1665 and the 1680's which are decent and we've all figured out how to make them pretty darn good. MBW's are still around too.

Maybe if we all stopped and showed the factories that we like to whine like the Pam guys (and I'm one of them, so please don't kill me) about the little nitty bits and pieces like, "does that 9 look funny to you?! we're all not buying one until it is fixed!" And you know what? The 9 gets fixed before release! Sure it gets delayed a little.. but it gets fixed! How long have we complained about the friggin crown guards?!!! Just gimme a good pearl for goodness' sake! :D

The 1655 is gone? I missed that.

The thing is that vintage Rolex is a whoie other level of sophistication and tends to be appreciated by older folks. The big buyers now of reps (remember factories and dealers don't care what you do to your reps afterwards) are the kids (it is all relative ;) ) who will buy several at the same time and want the latest "it" watch. A vintage Rolex is not going to facillitate a 20 something picking a girl up in a bar .... well maybe if he is going cougar. :2:

how much do women know about watches anyways? bigger + bling = sexy (pam, hublot.. etc)?. I'm probably the only 20 something person here that likes vintage rolex.

You're certainly not the only one but I don't think the factories/dealers see thousands of younger folks with that interest which is what it takes to really make a new version complete with accurate movement.