When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vaca22

Ken's watch there is a beaut!

I have a faux chrono with the black face. Love that watch, but joined the Planet Ocean club for my birthday so that's getting most of the wrist time. The poor Lange is sadly neglected, but on my office desk all the same!

For a $45,000 saving I found I could live with the odd detail being off! :lol:

As a person who doesn't wear gold I can't say that I agree with cornerstone... That tourby is very visually appealing to me... which model is that?... does the tourby spin?...

It is based on the Pour le Merite Tourbillon, but the moonphase is fantasy. It isn't really a tourbillon, just the balance wheel. It is still very fun to watch and gets plenty of wristtime.

I am looking at getting that same gold moonphase, the one based on Langematik Perpetual ref. no: 310.025. I'll see if I can get a picture for you. And do you mind if I ask where you got that watch? I haven't been able to find one in gold.

How does it run?

140906-17020.jpg

Edited by Physher007

Unfortunetly you won't find a rep with the dials spaced like the gen because of Lange's unique movements. I got my gold one from a friend in China. I saw the same one on ioffer once before. There are some differences with the movement (sorry no Chinese made perpetual calenders yet!). The 6 oclock dial is a 24 hour dial and not seconds (there is no seconds hand on the watch). Also, the month dial is doing a 31 day sweep so it has to be manually advanced every week or so to keep it on the correct month. On visual expection none of that matters though, just an extra inconvenience. I still love it. Here is a wrist shot.

141409-16847.jpg