When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will a v72 fit my Spinmaster vintage Daytona?

danielv2000

In theory, the internal dimensions of DW 62xx Daytona cases for 7750s differ from those made for V72s (the external dimensions are the same), but the variations may be due more to the lack of QC & overall case-to-case variability than anything else. Either movement can be made to fit a given DW case with a bit of dremeling (which is often required anyway).

In theory, the internal dimensions of DW 62xx Daytona cases for 7750s differ from those made for V72s (the external dimensions are the same), but the variations may be due more to the lack of QC & overall case-to-case variability than anything else. Either movement can be made to fit a given DW case with a bit of dremeling (which is often required anyway).

exactly,

If I remember well -have to check with the Mondani book- the only difference on gen cases in the internal chanel used for the little screwed metal tags to hold in place the movement. Because Rolex company drilled 2 new holes at a different location and high in the Valjoux movements plate to hold the movement in place.

As freddy said, playing around with a dremel is enough in rep cases.

And if effectively rep cases made for Valjoux movement have really gen Rolex case specs, you will have only to modify the metal tags or add little pieces of metal

"In theory, the internal dimensions of DW 62xx Daytona cases for 7750s differ from those made for V72s (the external dimensions are the same), but the variations may be due more to the lack of QC & overall case-to-case variability than anything else. Either movement can be made to fit a given DW case with a bit of dremeling (which is often required anyway)."

+1 on lax QC causing no-fit cases etc.

Something I have wondered about is if a V72 and gen-spec dial might work in one of the newer Seagull ST19 Daytona cases. I have a 72 and might go for one if I thought it was pretty close...then maybe get an IG dial and a set of hands.

I have one of the ST19 powered Daytonas but it is the whopper size model from 'Paul' about 5 years ago...20mm lugs etc. The case is 36.6mm on the underside between the lugs, 38.8mm wide from just under the crown to the 9 side, and the bezel is 39.6mm. It runs like a champ though, the ST19 is hard to beat.

Something I have wondered about is if a V72 and gen-spec dial might work in one of the newer Seagull ST19 Daytona cases. I have a 72 and might go for one if I thought it was pretty close...then maybe get an IG dial and a set of hands.

Earlier this year, ChiMan modded one of these newer cartel Daytonas to take an IG dial (plopped onto the ST19). Putting a V72 into an ST-19-sized hole would leave you with a bit of space to work with, I'd imagine.

Alternatively, you could sit back, relax, and wait for members to PM you offers for that V72. :)

newer Seagull ST19 Daytona cases have nothing in common with DW stuff.

DW supposes to supply material from makers who are supposed working under Rolex specs. I suppose DW uses same material from the same origin than NDT, J&W or Yuki, No mystic

DW looks like the third actor, excavating the dustbins of the majors, NDT or J&W or Yuki...

It should be very interesting to fly to HKG and investigate to discover the rep world's who's who :lol:

These new lines of cosmographs from the cartel, using Asian copy of bi-compax movements with a frozen hand at the supposed third subdial, are not built in the way to adapt Valjoux movements. Stop the dream.

"DW supposes to supply material from makers who are supposed working under Rolex specs. I suppose DW uses same material from the same origin than NDT, J&W or Yuki, No mystic."

From looking at his 1680 and 5513 cases...the only thing close to rolex spec is the ability to accept a genuine movement and genuine dial (most of the time on dials).

"DW looks like the third actor, excavating the dustbins of the majors, NDT or J&W or Yuki...

It should be very interesting to fly to HKG and investigate to discover the rep world's who's who."

You would think with all the members on RWG...someone would come up with a 'connection'.

"These new lines of cosmographs from the cartel, using Asian copy of bi-compax movements with a frozen hand at the supposed third subdial, are not built in the way to adapt Valjoux movements.

Stop the dream."

Thanks!

Heading down this path is sometimes more of a nightmare anyway. I've been down the 'project path' many times.

I have a miniature lathe and mlling machine so it is not too much of a task as long as the basics are in order.

• 2 weeks later...