When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vacheron Constantin Overseas Deep Stream (QC photos)

calatrava

to all those planning or considering to buy:

you can buy this watch with the ss bracelet and then add the dark grey strap w/deployment...just ask Tony for both...

R-

@Andy -- no, the gen doesn't have the date window surround...it does have a slight bevel in the dial's date window...am pondering taking the dial off and seeing if the date surround has pins to fasten it or whether its simply glued on...either way, it looks good with the date window, too...same goes for the date font - looks fine to me...afterall, how many people have actually seen one of these in the wild to even know!

The font on the date looks to be a bit to thick, also the date window on the surround is incorrect. However, I don't think many people will notice these imperfections. I just noticed that the numeral 3 is not correct, but again how many people will notice this.

Edited by PhilFree

I'm tempted to get this cheap quartz replica as a caseback donor. The caseback is excellent.

http://www.timesshop...pan-quartz.html

vc3564---vc-overseas-white-dial-ss---japan-quartz.jpg

If you do, make sure to ask them first if it is still the same case back as on their website.

Then make sure to get a QC picture before they send.

Timesshop is not good at updating their site.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the date wheel difference is just due to the use of an Asian ETA clone instead of a Swiss ETA.

The caseback won't fit. You may try to mill the caseback and remove the center medallion and transplant that. That's a LOT of work though.

Yeah, I guess you're right, the screw holes are more asymmetrically distributed in the higher-end replica.