When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found a 14060. What mods will it need?

dutchguy2

Not much can be done about dial diameter without starting from scratch but the most glaring details have been mentioned - CGs, needs non-SEL band, and proper size lug holes. Oh, and the insert needs to be fitted properly...

Yeah, they're all built on a regular "Sub chassis". I'll look at my last batch of dials and see if I at least have one that has "sans serif" Oyster Perpetual printing - that might help a bit...

Yeah, they're all built on a regular "Sub chassis". I'll look at my last batch of dials and see if I at least have one that has "sans serif" Oyster Perpetual printing - that might help a bit...

Hi J,

man that would be great. Do you happen to know what the dial opening is on these and what it original should be?

This would mean that a gen 16610 bezel insert should fit!?

It's a small world. Dutchy buys my rollie, I bought another from JMB today. And Andy sold me an SMP brace last year I'm wearing almost daily. I love it!

Hope this one will become the franken you want it to be.

Thanks mate. I drilled the lugholes already for starters.

Don't know if I want to continue, the dial font of "oyster perpetual" is bordering me a bit. Although you can hardly see it when it is on the wrist. For the rest it is a lovely rep.

"Oh and i would have a comparison look at the Oyster perpetual font on the dial it looks odd to me."

I noticed that too.

Otoh, I have a 'TWB' 14060 that I got from WLD in 2001/2 and wore it now and then for years before it was discovered that the O in rolex on the dial was just a plain round O and not Century Bold font like the rest of the letters. No one noticed it, not even rolexfreaks at NAWCC shows. A friend who is in the graphic arts business pointed it out in about 2 seconds.

The WLD no date case looks like an F520117 noob case except is has lug holes and no cut-outs between the lugs for the sel type bracelet. I removed the movement and dial complete from an F520117 noob and it fits in the WLD no date case perfectly.

Sure would be nice if someone made a run of 14060 with smaller dials, correct bracelets etc.

Sure would be nice if someone made a run of 14060 with smaller dials, correct bracelets etc.

This was actually being discussed and planned out with Chris before Eurotimez imploded...