When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seller warning not to post QC pics on forum, is this normal?

picoweb

Teejay- I am in full agreement that people have to take responsibility for their purchases and using common sense as to when to post pics as a sanity check. But I gotta say that I am nevertheless thankful for QC pics.

Oh for sure, all the time they remain legit, I do think they're a nice service touch, I just don't think they should be considered the be all end all dealbreaker, and after the above post about the site update, well, I do find that concerning... :whistling:

Personally I think dealers need to have full faith in their QC pic's, by that I mean allow buyers to do as they want with them.

So what if they are nit picked, in the end the senior members will tell them that it is either the best the watch gets or that there is something very wrong with the watch, which is the whole point of QC pic's anyway.

Or they need to go back to simply supplying the factory pic's and dealing with any issues as they arise.

QC pic's are suppose to work both ways, it also saves the dealer a lot of time and money to find out the watch has, obvious, issues before they ship it.

It might sound like I have a bug in my bonnet over this, well I bloody well have, because of this whole QC business where dealers, supposedly, send unique pic's of a $300 to $400 watch I now have customers asking for QC pic's on $19 shirts, or one order from a watch dealer needs QC pic's of one item where I need to supply QC pick of half a dozen or more items.

If they want to have QC pic's then the have to give them with no strings attached.

Ken

The irony of much of this is: there have been times in the past where "factory" websites or supposed sites have come up for discussion. Where, you could save a fair amt off dealer pricing we see. And it was the consensus of the board that due to the nature of Chinese production standards with their high acceptance of defective items vs western standards. The dealer's job, what they earn their markup for IS quality control. Factories would send out huge mistakes, it's the dealer who is supposed to know Chinese standards and be the one looking out for us and weeding through the crop.

Same thing for people traveling to china. We maybe able to tell you how to get to the fake mall that has tons of high end reps (if you ask to see the good stuff) your still better off working with a dealer.

One thing I find annoying is someone coming here. Finding a major website then posting QC pics. It's like doubling the amt of "who has the best sub". If you want to know it it looks gen take a look at the 10-15 photos you have and compare them to the gen photos. I mean do you want to hold your D while you pee? Take some Responsibility. With how much this board gives up front plus most likely a thread already discussing the watch and it's issues. You should have to do some work.

Recently I've seen QC pics from TD's of things that I would never approve because it has been examples that has not satisfied me at all.. Not because they have been way off their gen counterparts, but because the factory has been sloppy - period. Missing paint on hands and uneven lume on dials.. I have not shared the QC pics on the forum - only with close friends who knows their stuff (just to make sure I was not too nit picking).. One TD made three attempts (and failed on all three) and the next one hit the nail after just one attempt.. :)

Conclusion: some TD's check the stuff before taking/ sending QC pics, some does not..

One good reason that some dealers do not want you to display the QC pics here ............. and why it is a good idea to do so anyway.

Not just because you look for microscopic faults, but to make the forum aware of the quality difference between the dealers.

Personally I think dealers need to have full faith in their QC pic's, by that I mean allow buyers to do as they want with them.

So what if they are nit picked, in the end the senior members will tell them that it is either the best the watch gets or that there is something very wrong with the watch, which is the whole point of QC pic's anyway.

Or they need to go back to simply supplying the factory pic's and dealing with any issues as they arise.

QC pic's are suppose to work both ways, it also saves the dealer a lot of time and money to find out the watch has, obvious, issues before they ship it.

It might sound like I have a bug in my bonnet over this, well I bloody well have, because of this whole QC business where dealers, supposedly, send unique pic's of a $300 to $400 watch I now have customers asking for QC pic's on $19 shirts, or one order from a watch dealer needs QC pic's of one item where I need to supply QC pick of half a dozen or more items.

If they want to have QC pic's then the have to give them with no strings attached.

Ken

Total agreement.

I also frequently see posts that make the point that there is a relationship between the price and what you can expect to get.

The unreasonable nit picking posts in response to a QC pic are actually very rare.

FFS. Its not the QC pics that are the issue here!

Its that they are posted on fora asking for all the world to comment on them.

It's "Who has the best sub" all over again, but in 3D.... for all the Gen Y'ers to have someone else do their work for them.

No wonder the dealers don't want the stuff up on the forum..they would end up waiting for a month until the survey of all the 'experts" on the buyers forum have had their input.

Maybe someone can start a 20 question poll, on the QC pic of their $99.00 special. Now wouldn't THAT be special!

If you have a QC pic supplied...LOOK at it....make your OWN DECISION about the watch....do your OWN HOMEWORK...amazingly you may actually learn something from this process and become a more knowledgeable watch person because of it...or not!

Offshore.

• Like 2