When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two Tone Daytona Mop

Devedander

Ok I know it's not exactly the best way to do things to ask other peoples opinions to make your own decision but I am in a quandry...

I am trying to make the best decision on my upcomming Daytona purchase so as not to have regrets later and have narrowed it down to TT MOP Sec@6 but can't make up my mind if I want diamond markers or roman numerals...

This will be my "fancy" watch when it's time to go out to a nice dinner, formal xmas or new years party or something so it should be a little showy. I am not doing full gold because that's a bit too much in my eyes.

I like the Roman markers as I think they are classy and seem a little less common, however I think they may be rather blah on a watch I want to be a little eye catching.

Diamonds are a bit over the top as I don't wear any other jewlery, but then again it would be nice for exactly that reason. Also this certainly won't be a blah watch with diamond markers.

So any input on what you think is best suited for my desires? Formal, eye catching, sophisticated and attractive but not too crazy or over the top...

I don't want to end up still looking for a "fancy" watch if I go the Roman method but I don't want to look like an Asian Malibus most wanted if I go diamonds...

Sorry to ask a question I know really comes down to personal taste but I am hoping someone give some input that helps me see another angle and or maybe even can comment on the quality of either (for instance diamonds are usually obviously fake or romans tend to be poorly attached etc).

Why can't they make diamond romans :p

Thanks for any input!

Edited by Devedander

Buy what you like of course. But I personally think diamonds are a disgrace on a Daytona... or any sports line Rolex for that matter.

Please don't get offended. I'm not "singing gospel" here, it's just how I personally see those watches. Great, legendary and masculine tool watches. Gold is borderline acceptable if you have age and clothing style to match it... but not diamonds for Chrissakes!

You asked for an opinion, so here's one. ;)

Thanks all for the input!

And don't worry no offense take to any of it... I don't ask the questions I don't want to hear the answers to :)

As for the fakeness of the diamonds, are these pretty much the same things I am going to see at walmart on their sub $200 watches? I personally have always been bad at spotting cz (you could put sharp metal under glass and I would think it's a diamond) but considering this how do they sell any diamond reps if the diamonds (which all must be cz) look poor?

I am 27 and no one who knows Rolex would believe I own an actual one, but most people I know will say something like "Rolex? How could you spend $1000 on a watch?" so I am not too sure it's going to get called out... I tend to dress well when I dress up, no armani or gucci but decent looking... Bear in mind I am not trying to lie to people that it's a gen, but I just don't think I am around people who will call me out, just maybe think I am stupid :)

I am leaning towards Roman on my own and more so with the input, but the part of me that is not as refined as many of you in respect to watches (this applies to most of my aquaintences) is still tempted by sparkles...

I think it's more being scared that I will miss the diamonds than thinking that they are actually a good idea; I guess worst case scenario is I really want them later and it's a few hundred more to get another watch...

Gah... my spending weakness is kicking in full throttle...

140369-17147.jpg

140369-17148.jpg

Please don't take this as "asking for help then ignoring it when given" or just looking for justification for a desire to have the diamond one after all... I am just trying to be cover as many angles as I can and that may mean playing devils advocate in some situations to achieve that goal.

Anyone else want to chime in it's all appreciated!

Edited by Devedander