When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tale of two VC brothers

txcollector

Does the JLC datewheel fit the movement?

don't know yet. I'll let you know soon. I did some photo comparison using the size of the JLC case vs the VC. Considering that the Gen uses the JLC movement I'd expect the DW to align (finally) with the date window.

If that doesn't work at least I can build an overlay out if it.

I hope it works out with the JLC date wheel alignment. From your photos, it looks like the standard ETA date wheel is reasonably well-aligned in the radial direction, but off in terms of the angular alignment. This would suggest to me that any date wheel designed for a date window at 3 o'clock would have the same alignment issues with the gen dial.

Given that Vacheron doesn't use the standard JLC date wheel, it's certainly possible that they created a date wheel for precisely that strange date window location asymmetrical about the 4 and 5 o'clock markers. Who knows, I hope I'm wrong, and that it works out.

• 3 weeks later...

Both are the regular reps with OEM dials, chief AR and relumed hands. Very simple.

I'm also working on the crowns (the gen has a different thinner profile) and I may try to upgrade the DWs and caseback engraving.

So simple but so beautiful :cupidarrow: