When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded 127 On Greg Stevens Crazy Horse

leitztozeiss

Wow, That is exactly what I am ordering now. The crazy horse with the black stitch is my choice and Davidsen told me he has an upgraded fiddy now that is 380.00. Is this the one you have?

I believe it's an early trusty, as this one has the square bridge swiss movement.

Thanks, I had not seen Davidesns upgraded 127 posted and was not even aware of it till he notified me today. Just wondering how much better it is than Trustys at 280.00? Both are apparently re-lumed and have sapphire. I would prefer not to have to do any extra mods if it at all possible.

As I am still a noob and should have done a bit more research, which I have done, I now know the difference and withdraw the question.

Thanks, I had not seen Davidesns upgraded 127 posted and was not even aware of it till he notified me today. Just wondering how much better it is than Trustys at 280.00? Both are apparently re-lumed and have sapphire. I would prefer not to have to do any extra mods if it at all possible.

I also wonder why it seemed davidsen's 127 isn't as widely owned. It seems it needs no mod. The pics show his CG lever opens at the top half. But I'm sure you can ask him to change it. I've seen a post that said exactly that. What flaws does it have that explain why people rather buy from someone else and go through all the trouble of modding their 127s?

Edited by bklm1234

I also wonder why it seemed davidsen's 127 isn't as widely owned. It seems it needs no mod. The pics show his CG lever opens at the top half. But I'm sure you can ask him to change it. I've seen a post that said exactly that. What flaws does it have that explain why people rather buy from someone else and go through all the trouble of modding their 127s?

It's the price, most people just don't want to pony up $300 for the initial investment. I sold my 217 and 127 from other dealers and bought the davidsen versions and their lume, crystal, and pin fix make them absolutely worth the extra money.

It's the price, most people just don't want to pony up $300 for the initial investment. I sold my 217 and 127 from other dealers and bought the davidsen versions and their lume, crystal, and pin fix make them absolutely worth the extra money.

I don't know the history of prices. Looking at today's prices, I think davidsen's has a lower overall cost when you factor in the lume, the crystall, and the pin fix.

I was wondering if the davidsen's has some major flaw which I can't spot.