When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you Recommend me a good FM?

paneraiguy

Hi Guys,

I am in the market also for a good FM Model now, and it seems by the search fuction there hasn't been much going on with these as of late so I am asking the question.

I would like to purchase an accurate FM watch, I dont mind which model however the Casablanca's,Crazy Hours and chronos look real good!! Gold plated or Steel, however I do like gold! LOL

So suggestions please, especially from owners and your experience with these is much appreciated, the most important thing I am looking for is accuracy and reliablility.

If you know of a dealer and have a link who has a great model, please PM me.

Cheers and thanks

PaneraiGuy

ps: I am going broke on buying watches!LOL

Silix has a large selection of FM watches in his "Economy Watches" section under the Franck Muller area. There must be a dozen or more Crazy Hours styles in there.

Note: Crazy Hours only come with A21j movements .. that's why they are 80-100 dollars.

• 4 months later...

Note: Crazy Hours only come with A21j movements .. that's why they are 80-100 dollars.

Got to admit, the low cost of the Crazy Hours actually puts me off buying it, although as i can't see how the case and dial etc can be

up to much at that price...

Are there still no Crazy hours in the high end range that are closer to the gen on outside? (im not particuarily bothered about the interior )

Edited by TonyUK

Go for the King Conquistador Cortez in SS, RG, or the Black Cortez. All are extremely accurate to the gen. If you want accuracy stay away from the SS White dial with black numbers version as that is a fantasy model.

Take a look at page 3 of this thread for what to look for when purchasing the Crazy Hours - http://www.rwg.cc/topic/146754-best-rep-of-all-times/page__st__40

Got to admit, the low cost of the Crazy Hours actually puts me off buying it, although as i can't see how the case and dial etc can be

up to much at that price...

Are there still no Crazy hours in the high end range that are closer to the gen on outside? (im not particuarily bothered about the interior )

Making a watch costs a lot less than you were led to believe. A good solid Submariner rep costs $45 in Asia.

Honestly, the shape of a FM is easy for the factories to replicate .. there is not much to them. It's the strap and the dial you want to replace for the full effect. You're going to pay more for a top shelf crocodile strap than you are for a FM Crazy replica.

See Doctor Gran's FM Crazy on an Inspire Workshop ultra-thin hornback strap for photo reference!!

dscf2017.jpg

Jkay nice watch, been looking at the FMs. Have to go with a King Conquistador as my huge wrist just swallows up small watches. It really is a pain a Rolex looks like a toy on me and I do like them, O bother. Plus another problem need extra links on bracelets almost always dealers say yes but forget. The leather is no problem as I will get a new custom anyway, rubber just can not go there since can not get made.

PS if anyone has a source for rubber let me know.

I'm getting a bit frustrated now,,,,, spent alot of time searching thru all the TD'd FM's and can't seem to find a quality crazy hours in the higher end range (dont want jumbo ,diamonds or color dreams)

I'd quite happily settle for the one in Jkays pic (wanna sell it JKay? ;) )and add the croc strap but im told by two TD's that they aren't made anymore... Iv'e seen a couple on other non TD sites but they are probably scammers.

Doesn't any of these guys make FM's to custom specs ?

Edited by TonyUK

Buy 99$ FM crazy ... Bid on gen crazy dial on eBay, normally less than 100$. Custom horn back another 150 ... And you are all done.

I almost forgot .. pay a modder to clean the dial and install it! Maybe re-lume the rep hands as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there. I am in the market for a nice FM Casablanca and King/Cortez. I am debating between silver color or the rose gold color. My question to you and other on this board is the following:

1. Does the Rose gold color fade with time and wear?

2. Does the rose color rub off and the watch will become silver and gold?

3. Is a silver color a better option?

thanks for the help.

Hi there. I am in the market for a nice FM Casablanca and King/Cortez. I am debating between silver color or the rose gold color. My question to you and other on this board is the following:

1. Does the Rose gold color fade with time and wear?

2. Does the rose color rub off and the watch will become silver and gold?

3. Is a silver color a better option?

thanks for the help.

Hi,

as to;

#1. plating will fade. Depending on time and quality of plating. gold is not for every day wear. If worn every day nd not DLC-style or RG-ceramic 12-15 months and it is through.

#2. yes, see #1

#3. yes

Dutchy

• 3 months later...

Where did you buy them from?  can you recommend a source that has FM's?  Trusty and Marvellous are out of them?

This is an old conversation. I have not bought a FM replica in 2 years or more but Silix still shows them for sale. He advertises a large selection of FM watches http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116_255