When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Picture Comparison

poretl

I was wondering if anyone else, besides me, thinks that the pictures of the Pan270 appearing in these 2 threads, one from WatchUSeek and there other from right here on RWG, are identical. Only difference being the enhanced borders (some border effects added) by PhilFree.

PhilFree, yesterday, said he "picked up a new toy today" to hold him over until his $50K Patek P. watch arrived from the AD and went straight home and took pictures of his new acquisition using his iPhone 4S. Given that he is picking up a PAM270 and a Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712R this month, and that he also picked up a A. Lange & Söhne 1815 just 2 weeks ago (see http://www.rwg.cc/to...nge-sohne-1815/), and also given that all his posts pretty much imply that he owns every watch above 20K ever made, I would imagine he would use his latest iPhone 4S and all the other expensive photographic equipment I'm sure he owns to take pictures of his actual watches and not take pictures of his computer screen. So this would lead me to the conclusion that that miserable b4stard over at WatchUSeek stole our PhilFree's pictures but then again that other b4stard published his pictures in June 2010 while PhilFree just yesterday. I'm confused guys. Anyone care to help the poor guy here?

So here goes the comparision:

WatchUSeek(June 2010):

http://forums.watchu...ume-407754.html

PhilFree's thread (yesterday):

http://www.rwg.cc/to...-new-toy-today/

P.S. As far as I'm concerned, I'm on Phil's side and I'm willing to help solve the mystery and establich justice. But only after I'm done with polishing my brand new G-Shock Rescue I picked up from my AD (Macy's) this morning.

Edited by poretl

I am not picking a fight with you but to say you are on Phil's side is ludicrous. You are effectively calling him out given it is the same watch (millesimation is identical) and the original listing was in June 2010. So he either bought that watch from the next guy or Phil has a lot of 'splaining to do. But I am betting he bought that same watch. :) But I do have to ask - how much time did you spend looking for that picture? Somehow I doubt it was sitting in your Panerai reference folder. :bangin:

Given it is the same watch (millesimation is identical) and the original listing was June 2010 it must be the same watch trading again. Or Phil has a lot of 'splaining to do. :) But I am betting it is the same watch.

Same watch? He came straight from an AD and, even if it was-which it's not- the same, he took the pictures yesterday with his iPhone 4S. He even told us which app he used to take the pictures.

Edited by poretl

I am not picking a fight with you but to say you are on Phil's side is ludicrous.

There's somethign called irony. Loot it up: http://www.merriam-w...ictionary/irony

But I do have to ask - how much time did you spend looking for that picture? Somehow I doubt it was sitting in your Panerai reference folder. :bangin:

When I see [censored] coming from people I smell it. To me nothing was adding up in this whole thing. Simply nothing. You have to understand. It's not about the picture. The picture is just the proof. But with the picture or not, at least in my mind, it would still be the same thing.

I don't have a problem with anyone buying a 50K watch or just saying they own one or even lying about owning one. What I have a problem with is that this is not a watch forum where people come on to show off their 100K watches. You can do it, sure, but this is mostly a (rep) watch forum where people seek help from one another in watch matters and traditionally people who own expensive gen watches like that earn, and justifiably so, a certain level of authority and respect in the obvious sense. For one having owned, touched and played with so many expensive gen watches puts them in a position to make better calls about watches, understand watches better and their words have more weight overall. So I'm sure noone on this forum would appreciate fakers like that who are trying so hard to build a fake image. If you look at his original threads, for example, you see all the cheerleaders that came on to congratulate him and ask questions. My point, I hope, is clear.

Edited by poretl

OMG, will this guy ever leave?? What an annoying [censored]. I don't know what your deal is but ALL you do around here is ask stupid questions and be very rude with EVERYONE, including the ones that try to help you. You look like a sad jealous loser that spends all of his time nitpicking threads and finding new ways to insult people.

The only mystery here is what are you doing here on RWG. Find a rock and crawl under it. Who cares if the pics are not from his watch or even if he's a poser? 1) not everyone is talented enough to take good pictures (you are the first to bad mouth new members for not posting pictures while you have offered none of yours - do you even own a watch?) 2) even if he's a poser who that hell cares????

BTW, before you lecture one of our great staff members on dictionary definitions learn how to spell. The word is establish not establich.

• Like 1

@ TX

Yes, I own a watch. Now that we establiched (oops) that let's show some pictures of it:

In yo face! (How's that for 'contribution'?)

61rlikb2ZpS._SL1000_.jpg

As far as my stupid questions, I apologize. Next time I'll make sure I ask a fake owner of a watch if the GMT jumps. I'm learning from you. Give me some time.

Edited by poretl

As far as my stupid questions, I apologize. Next time I'll make sure I ask a fake owner of a watch if the GMT jumps. I'm learning from you. Give me some time.

if you knew what I was talking about you would understand the GMT question. Since you don't ...

Just keep it up with your attitude and most people here that could help you will add you to their ignore list like I did. If that's what you're striving for you are in a hell of a path. You seem to enjoy confrontation but RWG is not about that.

Just keep it up with your attitude and most people here that could help you will add you to their ignore list like I did.

it doesn't look to me I'm on your ignore list. Not only am I not on your ignore list but you keep replying to my posts.

You seem to enjoy confrontation but RWG is not about that.

Yes, I figured that. RWG is not about that. It's about who's gonna convince whom that they just ordered a PP $50K watch from their AD, need be providing pictorial proof.

Think we should all grow up and end this post right now! :)

This is not what we are here for. And Poreti, you really need to chill

or you are going to get yourself in a position that you do to want

to be it...

So lets all just relax, and go back to reps please? :feedtroll3pr:

Case Closed!

MM

And Poreti, you really need to chill

to be it

Really??

Lets relax and go back to reps please

exactly. Posers and fakers stick to reps. No need to show off your imaginary watches on a rep forum. But you can always fantasize about them at night. Nothing wrong with that. I once had a friend who told me he got an 0rggasm by thinking about a BMW M5.

Now, Case Closed!

Edited by poretl

A wise man once told me, have mercy on the socially inept.

Whatever the reasons for posting a super expensive gen on a rep forum, whether based in fact or fiction, they are likely born of a need for validation -- but I think we all appreciate the validation that we provide for each other on this forum, and that isnt always a bad thing...

hoping for mercy myself...

@ MM --> +1

Think we should all grow up and end this post right now! :)

This is not what we are here for. And Poreti, you really need to chill

to be it...

So lets all just relax, and go back to reps please? :feedtroll3pr:

Case Closed!

MM

@ TX

Yes, I own a watch. Now that we establiched (oops) that let's show some pictures of it:

In yo face! (How's that for 'contribution'?)

61rlikb2ZpS._SL1000_.jpg

Did you ever review your Zenith watch here ?

( :inverted: sorry I could help but feed it a bit more)