When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Science Project Fun

subzero1

So, after my last experiment with the 192 and oxyclean, I figured what the heck, why not try it out on the full 177h watch. I wanted something a little more vintage/rugged looking, and a quick 30 min bath in a hot solution of water and oxyclean seems to have done the trick. Take a look & tell me what you think!

BEFORE:

140922-16992.jpg

140922-16993.jpg

AFTER:

140922-16994.jpg

140922-16995.jpg

140922-16996.jpg

That looks hella nice. I may have to crack open my tub o' Oxyclean and see what kind of trouble I can get into. On a side note, oxyclean is also a damn good product beyond modding watches. I remember emptying an entire ink pen into a dress shirt and a soak in this stuff removed all traces of the mess. I thought the shirt was a goner for sure.

• 8 months later...
Thanks, that's a Molina black gator. Originally it had white stitching but I stained it black, looks a lot better IMO.

That was certainly very nice! Really very sleath looking and neat!

Can I ask what is the tan vintage looking leather strap you put on, as shown in the last few pictures? Any url you can point to me? Thank you in advance! :-)

It's a natural Wojteki strap, starts out as off-white to very light tan, but over time (and with some mink oil applied), you get that look. It's a great strap.

Thanks! I will have to google for that strap later.

Beautiful! Thanks again!

How hot was the water?

What % water - Oxyclean?

I like that look. I want to try it.

Thanks for sharing.

About a 4:1 ratio of water to oxyclean. Put the water, oxyclean, and disassembled watch (removed the movement and crystal) and kept on low heat on the stove - ie, at 1 out of 8 on the stove dial. Kept it there for an hour, stirring every 10 mins. Here's another shot:

286202-8442.jpg