When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh's new 42mm Explorer II in my hands finally

decker6869

Im not very good at posting pix yet but I'm gonna give it a go. Overall im happy with the watch. I think the crown on the clasp is off center and one of the clasp sides seems damaged or bent of sorts, you can see it in the pics i believe. But overall i am happy as I am not an expert on these watches nor know much about them. The orange hand and orange explorer II are definitely off color from one another but it doesn't bother me in the least really. For what it is, a smooth operating watch with an elegant look and hopefully a movement that will last me many years I am happy. Although the bracelet makes squeak noises when fastening it, (i do not know how to lubricate the bracelet, gotta read up on it), i think it can be remedied. Also I took all the pics with my iPhone 4s, I have a professional canon EOS 70d if anyone wants some real up close and personal shots or super macros. Feel free to chime in and speak up, i welcome it!

First up is a wrist shot. Looks pretty good to me!

img0834wk.jpg

By decker6869 at 2012-01-18

Next to my Gen Breitling, the breitling is huge so I thought this would be a good pic to show size comparison. Its not too small but not too loud either which is the look i wanted to go for as the Breitling just screams for attention.

img0836ip.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A pic of the crown on the side. I honestly don't know what I'm looking for on these pics so any guidance or any requests of angles or shots please let me know.

img0837bw.jpg

Shot of the inside of the clasp. Seems legit to me? ^_^

img0838zh.jpg

Here is a pic of where you can see what I believe is the crown being off center and the damage to the right of the buckle? I don't know the terminology but it looks bent? What do you guys think?

img0839ru.jpg

Another pic of the clasp and crown...

img0840x.jpg

A pic of the rehaut i think its called? It has a serial number engraved at the 6 o'clock postion. I dunno what the Gen has or doesn't have so any info is welcomed and as I said earlier, if anyone wants a certain shot just let me know!

img0841x.jpg

To close for now I am happy. I wish it didn't have as what appears to be damage to the clasp area but I can live with it for $400.... What to get next? Any suggestions? LOL ^_^

Mine is getting closer, just arrived in the UK. ;) I would love a few EOS 70d pics, maybe a few lume shots(I had a 550d and loved the low light performance at high ISO setts) to keep me busy for the next 7-12 days till it finally arrives. :clap2: I will sleep better when I see the blue lume is as awesome as on Andrews site. :notworthy:

There is definitely some AR on the main crystal and on the Clops. How much i couldnt tell you but I do know that wearing it around at the mall in the bright lights I had minimal reflection when i angled the watch and at home I hardly get any of the glare from computer screens and such. I wish i was more experienced with watches and such but I am definitely going to get experienced as I have signed up for some classes from a link a fellow member gave me and I plan on ordering several more watches of different styles and brands. Next on my list is the Yellow faced 2008 style Breitling Avenger Seawolf I saw on Josh's site. Anyone know much about that watch? Link http://www.1-pc8838....242-p-5612.html

I find myself gravitating toward the simpler movements, IE: No chronographs because I am nervous to try one of the Asian 7750's. I really like the black steel limited edition super avenger but im afraid the movement will fail and I honestly don't know where to get something like that fixed. At least the swiss movements i know the local jeweler can repair or replace.. At least I think. LOL As always, all thoughts and comments are welcomed!

EDIT***---- I am working on getting those LUME shots uploaded. Pics soon!

Edited by decker6869

Aww man that kinda sucks... I really liked that yellow face avenger. Any thoughts on the Black Steel edition that is on there pages now in the new section? The one with the rubber strap... I want to take the plunge on a REP Breitling so bad because I want to compare it to my GEN and try to see how close they have gotten. I guess the best thing to do would be to order a REP model of the GEN model i have... but seems like a waste of sorts to me but then again I do want something to compare with without going to the high end jeweler who always puts on the high pressure to make a sale... bahh decisions decisions....

Honestly the lume is brighter then any watch i've owned but it doesnt look radioactive like on Josh's website pics. Its a nice blue and it is clearly bright in the dark but definitely not radioactive.. LoL

Edited---- Funny thing about my GEN breitling with all those fancy diamonds and BS the damn seconds hand fell the eff off on me the other day and i gotta spend $110 just to get it back on.... im like mehh.... ill leave it off till i actually decide i want to wear it again or someone seriously talks about buying it... 31 three quarter ct diamonds on that bezel and honestly im not the least bit impressed by it. It was a gift from my brother who is a pilot for Continental express as an express jet pilot so he has a lot of Breitlings.... I was like thanks dude, i think? I actually fear losing my arm when i wear it out sometimes... either that or folks just think its a novelty item... LoL.... life is a trip!

Edited by decker6869

• 2 weeks later...