When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does this u1 look

HartDoc

Can't tell from the picture but does the lume on the dial have green tint to it? If so, that's the first thing you have to fix! The GEN has stark white lume on the hands and dial and this is the BIGGEST tell of the rep.

I've owned 2 GEN U1's and just yesterday received my first rep U1. I have say the rep is VERY good! The only thing I plan to do to mine is a dial/hands/pearl relume and it will be VERY ahrd to tell that it's a rep!! The AR on the crystal is really good too!

Here's a couple of pics of my old gen... The other thing I noticed is the red on the hands and dial printing is a little more orange looking on the gen as where on the rep it's bright red.

post-39931-0-81294900-1327271044.jpgpost-39931-0-28196800-1327271108.jpg

I'm absolutely positive about the white C1 lume. According to the Sinn experts over on WUS that's why Sinn uses the weaker C1 instead of C3 because of the snow white color of the C1. The C3 SL has a green daytime tint.

The 2 gens I had (U1) both had sub-par lume IMO. That's ultimately why I flipped them. I have to have good lume on my watches, it's just a pet peave of mine. That's why this rep scene is getting so expensive for me, between getting the best model rep and then modding it with expensive gen parts I also have to send the damn thing off for a re-lume (another $150 bucks) just to satisify my pet peeve....

It's a gen. Some of the sinn has horrible lume some was ok. My lume is weak but does last all night. Here is a better pic.

a6890e56-d154-76da.jpg

a6890e56-d178-3df1.jpg

It appears the rep is so good the people will call a gen a fake.

I know some has think my iwc & breitling fake as well and both are gens. Some reps are really scary good.

a6890e56-d209-6cd6.jpg

a6890e56-d271-aef7.jpg

Lol, it's a gen sinn U-1 SDR with boxes , papers, and warranty with matching serial.

No need to replace anything. Lol

I sorry I posted this on a bet some will call the U1 a rep.

I think the only reliable, at-a-distance tell is the blunt trapezoid on the bezel's zero. Replace the rep's bezel with a genuine unit and you've fooled me completely.

I was also talking about the rep on my arm with the greenish looking lume.....I couldn't tell from your initial pics if yours was a gen or rep anyway.... The pic was a little too small to tell the color of the lume.

The gen is a great watch but after wearing the rep, I'll never spend the money on another gen U1. IMO there's no sense in it, the rep has the same exact movement (well, almost 2836 rep/2824 gen) and the case construction is SPOT ON to the gen. Just the lume and red hands are agive away and no one will ever call you out on those unless it's side by side with a gen....

GEN U1 $2000 plus.......REP U1 $200 or less......

Jinx to LHOOQ, I think you need to read the replies again HartDoc.

Doesn't look like anyone called it a rep, only told you what to look for to spot one. I'm staring at the U1 rep on my wrist now and indeed the dial markers are greenish tinted (very slightly), unlike yours which are stark white. Another tell, if you're truly anal, is that there's slightly more space between the date window and 3 o'clock lume marker on the gen than there is on the rep. The AR on mine is of gen caliber, and the rep rubber is really decent (they also did a great job on the steel's finish, matches a gen bracelet perfectly)... if it wasn't for the lume I'd call this a super rep!

Lol, it's a gen sinn U-1 SDR with boxes , papers, and warranty with matching serial.

:busted_cop:

HartDoc, I was talking about the reps, not the U-1 you'd posted pictures of.

I do read the threads before posting, y'know. :)

exactly