When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Aerospace Special Edition With Utc Second Dial

NaviChief

I got this one at an auction and I was blown away once I had it in possession. The details are incredible and weight and feel on the wrist are perfect. The lume and blue lcd lighting are bright too. All of the alarm, chronograph, split timer, etc work. I think it is a Citizen movement, although I haven't had the back off yet. Around the rim of the caseback is a calculator for fuel to weight ratios that didn't show up in the pics. The unidirectional rotating bezel is tight and the rest of the fit and finish is great. The bracelet is solid, thick, heavy and has a great gunmetal finish. I especially like the look of the individual screws around the bezel that can be seen in a couple of the pics. The airplane on the face is raised and highly detailed, I have

seen one other cheap Aerospace rep with the plane and it was painted right on the face with a cartoonish appearance. I wish I knew when and where this baby was made, but I have never seen anything like it around here or on the net before. Enjoy the pics...I tried to pick the best of the set.

141098-16949.jpg

141098-16950.jpg

141098-16951.jpg

141098-16952.jpg

141098-16953.jpg

141098-16954.jpg

141098-16955.jpg

141098-16956.jpg

141098-16957.jpg

A fantasy model, but very nice nontheless! :) It looks well made, good pictures!

I have always liked the analog/digi Breitlings. One of my first online replica purchases was this one from Silix:

141220-16925.jpg

Actually, this is one of the watches that get most positive comments. The alarm does not work on mine though. It misses a spring between the movement and caseback.

Lately, I have been lustering after the genuine Aerospace.. It still is no good replica of it.

Thanks for the comments! I have to say I don't consider it a fantasy model (maybe if it had a psuedo tourbillon, hehe). Sure, the breitling logo is in the wrong spot because the lcd windows aren't far enough apart, but the UTC bracelet can be ordered from Breitling and the airplane logo is indicative of several special editions that are made for various flying teams and airforce squadrons around the world. Once in awhile one turns up on eBay (they look very cool). I agree that there hasn't been a perfect Aerospace yet, which is a shame.