When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's test ya! Gens or Reps

paneraiguy

111 is a rep h-factory, right? the sd is a rep as well?

Total guess work.

I think I've read somewhere that the screws on gens are blued with ss in the middle and on h-factory reps they are fully blue. (or maybe it's vise-versa)

On SD shouldn't it be "Swiss Made" instead of "Swiss"?

EDIT: By the way the SD looks fabulous on your wife. (makes me think...)

Edited by Adeodatus

111 is a rep h-factory, right? the sd is a rep as well?

Total guess work.

I think I've read somewhere that the screws on gens are blued with ss in the middle and on h-factory reps they are fully blue. (or maybe it's vise-versa)

On SD shouldn't it be "Swiss Made" instead of "Swiss"?

EDIT: By the way the SD looks fabulous on your wife. (makes me think...)

This is the transition period from tritium to superluminova in the year 2000, in which dials had "swiss" and afterwards finally changed into "swiss made"

edit: boobs + rolex :clap2: :clap2:

Edited by praetor
  • Like 1

This is the transition period from tritium to superluminova in the year 2000, in which dials had "swiss" and afterwards finally changed into "swiss made"

Thanks! SD is a gen then.

edit: actually I wanted to write that SD was a gen at first, but not because I know anything about SD. Only because it belongs to paneraiguy's wife. Ladies have to have the gens, right? LOL :)

Edited by Adeodatus

Hi. See the answer is given already, but when I looked at the initial post and pictures, I was thinking of the SD:

Because of the sharp, well defined teeth on the crown and the bezel, and the shape and font of the datewindow and datewheel, I would say GEN right away. Also the shape of the coronet at 12'o clock. The polished frame around the lumefill in the coronet is thicker on the GEN, than on (most) reps. Saw this at a review of the Noob GMT-Master II-C. Regarding the PAM, maybe GEN because of the CG-lever tightly placed against the case. Now we now they are GEN anywhay, but nice to see my initial thoughts were ok.