When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how is the orange bezel on the planet ocean reps?

tyrantblade

I've had the black and white planet ocean rep before, what's wrong with the crown? The bracelets SEL's eventually git loose, but that was probably because I was tougher on it than I should of been, and shouldn't there be a way to make the SEL's flush to the case again?

I have a orange bezel PO... and I think It is so close to gen that only a expert under certain conditions would pick up on the suttle differences.

PO are notorious for crown(striped) Issues...good news is....gen parts are easy to get.

I've had mine for almost three years...no issues with the SEL...nice and flush as they should be.

Mike

Being the slim wristed young gun that I am , I had to resize the bracelet considerably. This task is a *##$@+-#* of a job and I broke 2 of them trying those pins are a royal PITA. Crown gave up afte a few months Gen crown and tube not much better. Poor design imho. Still an ok watch though just a high maintenance one.

Being the slim wristed young gun that I am , I had to resize the bracelet considerably. This task is a *##$@+-#* of a job and I broke 2 of them trying those pins are a royal PITA. Crown gave up afte a few months Gen crown and tube not much better. Poor design imho. Still an ok watch though just a high maintenance one.

I was able to resize my bracelet..but have to agree...can be a real pita. If a person dosent have the proper tools or experence....take it to a watchshop and spend a few bucks to have done right.

I also suggest that people leave it on one type of bracelet/strap...changing it over to a rubber strap from the bracelet was a undertaking that I wont undertake again. :fool:

I like the bracelet...so I just leave It on that.

Mike

• 1 year later...

Just a wee update ...

I actually really like this watch.. sure my rep has a white spot on the dial and the pearl sticks out 2 mm too much.

But .. I would def consider this in gen, the lighter feel really grows on you and the colour of the bezel just goes so well, be it with a suit or casual wear, where as I feel the orange bezel sometimes feels a little too flash and black bezel dull .. The blue feels special and changes from deep blue to light grey.

If you have been thinking about this one.. It's maybe worth while giving a go