When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just a Datewheel Question

preacher62

Well you ought to show us what you found, because I would have said no. All I've ever seen is is round top 3s and open 6s and 9s. Later DWs would even have closed 6s and 9s- Rolex doesn't care.

Ali,

I saw this one...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2318fbf243

And this one...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a6f603010

Then there was this one... I think there are a lot more.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a18d3575a

Oh, sorry, Ali, I just re-read your post. I do not know about flat-topped 3's. I am building a 16013 and have a case that is on the way. I have a dwo that has flat-topped 3's and wanted to use it. Guess I better use a more conventional one. Do you know where I might get a dwo with round-topped 3's and open 6's and 9's?

Might they have had a service replacement that is closed 6's and 9's?

Thanks for response!

Round top 3 and open 6/9 are correct for the 16013/4 and other 3035's. But one of my 16800s came with a service DW and it was small font and closed 6/9s. I managed to get a NOS DW with the open 6/9s and it's much larger fonts. Looks 100% better under the cyclops. I guess rolex could give a rat's a$$.

P1000246-2-1-2-1.jpgP1000246-2-1-2-1.jpg

Where to find an old style DW these days, I don't know. My second Frankenjust came w/ a DWO with closed 6/9s and I just left it on there- who's gonna know!

P1000247-1-1.jpg

My 16014 had the old cubic works DW w/ the open 6/9s but those are long gone.

JMB might be your best shot, he's made some DWOs lately, I believe.

Edited by alligoat

Round top 3 and open 6/9 are correct for the 16013/4 and other 3035's. But one of my 16800s came with a service DW and it was small font and closed 6/9s. I managed to get a NOS DW with the open 6/9s and it's much larger fonts. Looks 100% better under the cyclops. I guess rolex could give a rat's a$$.

Where to find an old style DW these days, I don't know. My second Frankenjust came w/ a DWO with closed 6/9s and I just left it on there- who's gonna know!

My 16014 had the old cubic works DW w/ the open 6/9s but those are long gone.

JMB might be your best shot, he's made some DWOs lately, I believe.

Thanks much for all the information. I have a modern dwo and might just use it. Or...I could go with your first logic and use my flat-topped three dwo..."who's gonna know." The people that I know who are gen Rolex owners know nothing about a Rolex. I could tell him that is has a 350 shortblock in it and it wouldn't make any difference. He doesn't know what that is either.