When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you guys think about this Submariner?

jerome123

Hey,

I'm a noob in the rolex area and I can't identify this submariner : http://www.1-pc8838.com/000rlss00088-2008-submariner-asia-3135-serial-p-7851.html

I would like to read on this model on the forum to get to know more about the flaws... Which version is it, the WM9, V3 from the noob factory?

I'm looking for the best submariner available around 400 USD shipped...

Thx,

J.

It's actually Perfect Clones- Joshua's website. The watch is just a typical chinese rep, so don't get too excited. I'd stick with the 2836-2 for now unless you're adventurous (and have a watchmaker to fix the movement for you). You'll spend more with BK or TC upfront, but less in the long run because you'll have a quality piece.

It's actually Perfect Clones- Joshua's website. The watch is just a typical chinese rep, so don't get too excited. I'd stick with the 2836-2 for now unless you're adventurous (and have a watchmaker to fix the movement for you). You'll spend more with BK or TC upfront, but less in the long run because you'll have a quality piece.

+1...starting at the top will save you alot of money in the long run....go with BK and be done with it.

Hey,

Let me share with you my best experience with a rep. Thanks to your valuable advices, I ordered from BK the black noobmariner ceramic.

BK had it in stock, so just after my paypal, he sent it (like 2 - 3 days after having received). The watch was drop to the PO on February 11th, and I received it today, the 17th, so quick and smooth!

The watch is really nice, even the best pics on this forum cannot let you imagine how nice is this watch in real.

My only concerns, as you can see on these pics, are these (I'm a noob in rolex rep) :

- the white triangle on the bezel has on side not really "straight" due to a bad finition I think, I asked BK how to remove it by cleaning or what do I know...

- the center of the crown that is designed just under the 12th triangle is a little bit on the right and is not fully aligned with the triangle

- the needles are not as blue as the markers concerning the lume...

The rest is perfect (for me).

Let me know what you think, and if you want some more pics, tell me. Sorry for the poor quality, I took that with iphone.

photo13oy.jpg

photo12vi.jpg

photo11tvb.jpg

photo10ma.jpg

photo9ba.jpg

photo8p.jpg

photo7dd.jpg

photo6dp.jpg

photo5qje.jpg

photo4fiv.jpg

photo2xiu.jpg

photo14sh.jpg

Edited by jerome123

Looks good, but crappy lume is to be expected from a rep. The reps I decide to keep and mod always are sent off for a relume first. IMO, bad lume is one of the biggest tells in rep. People will say "who sees your watch in the dark anayway" the answer is, not many, but the ones that do would know in nanosecond that it was a rep!