When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTF happend to Doxa? Nanuq?

maxman

I really havent followed Doxa as a brand...all I knew Is that I would have to have a Sharkhunter one day.

As some of you know..I have been looking Into vintage pieces lately...made a offer on a Tissot last week. I havent heard back from the seller as of yet.

So I've been looking at some Doxas...and I dont like what I've been seeing...example below. Looks like the brand is not what it was....shame.

Like I said...I havent really followed Doxa..so Im sure this Is old news to many here...sorry If this has already been discussed..but I had to bring this up.

Nanuq?...anyone?

BTW...WTF is a TRACHYMETER? :huh:

Interesting discussion here.http://www.thedivewa...hp?f=49&t=16660

Mike

post-19368-0-39012400-1328713666.jpg

post-19368-0-00632200-1328714754.jpg

that trachymeter .........is WRONG on all levels.....however, the 1200T sharkhunter....I thought its pretty decent....why do you say its not what it was anymore? its got the same bead rice, split dial print, etc....everything is pretty much the same as the old sub, I dont see anything different?

Doxa has multiple divisions. That watch photoed is a FAKE if you ask me. It looks like a Parnis case/CG.

The Ugly Doxa's are essentially "Doxa Asia". http://www.doxa-in-a...collections.php (There was also a lot of FUD around 2007 about Doxa and their Asian operations and parts from Asia making it into Swiss models. Most of it was bogus, based on an errant screen shot of a Doxa subsidiary. Doxa Swiss watches do follow Swiss law.)

There is Doxa EU and Doxa USA also.

Stick to http://doxawatches.com/

I own FIVE Doxa's from Vintage 300 to Modern 1200T, 800Ti, 750T-GMT and I assure you they are ALL great timepieces.

But as we all know, the SUB 300 (no "T") is the King of Doxas. :wub:

Mike, here's the Sharkhunter for you...

sharkie_300.jpg

And here is the King of the SUB 300 series ... the inimitable Black Lung :notworthy:

newbezel2_sm.jpg

that trachymeter .........is WRONG on all levels.....however, the 1200T sharkhunter....I thought its pretty decent....why do you say its not what it was anymore? its got the same bead rice, split dial print, etc....everything is pretty much the same as the old sub, I dont see anything different?

I think you misread my post. I love the older Doxas...the Sharkhunter especially. But It looks like the company...or new owners.. have taken (cheepend) the low road resentely. Im sure that can be said for more brands than we might like to admit.

The "Swiss Made" just dosent represent what it use to. I normally dont have a problem with this If the watch is "well made".. the example above speaks for Itself Imo.

Mike

Were you showing that sharkhunter as an example of the "old" sub? ...oh..okay..totally thought you didnt like neither of these 2.......I think that ugly one is just for asian market....they have a totally different Doxa line....I am not sure what's going on... but if you go onto the Doxa's main website...all the subs are still there and they are very nicely designed just like the old ones....I am ordering a 5000T Caribbean myself.... :inverted: ..that's why I just sold bunch of my collections....off the topic....Anyone is reading this...I still have a gen Maranello for sale in the Gen sales section....help me get the funds for the DOXAAAAA!!.... ;)

Too mainstream, centered dial text, just another big gnarly watch. No thanks! If you can't go vintage, then find a 600T Pro.

what about the 1500T pro? same specs as 5000t with off center dial......the only thing is that i cannt wear an orange watch to work everyday.... :bangin: ....it would be a great choice for vacation in maldives....but .....too bright to be a daily beater?

The 750's / 1200T modern DOXA's represent some kick-ass watches. Also, being a Ball Watch fan & Tritium Tube fan, the 800Ti is killer time piece.

Don't discount a modern DOXA as a quality daily watch. I dive with my 'modern' DOXA's but would no longer dive with my 1968 300T. The vintage is now more of a collectors item to me.

Were you showing that sharkhunter as an example of the "old" sub? ...oh..okay..totally thought you didnt like neither of these 2.......I think that ugly one is just for asian market....they have a totally different Doxa line....I am not sure what's going on... but if you go onto the Doxa's main website...all the subs are still there and they are very nicely designed just like the old ones....I am ordering a 5000T Caribbean myself.... :inverted: ..that's why I just sold bunch of my collections....off the topic....Anyone is reading this...I still have a gen Maranello for sale in the Gen sales section....help me get the funds for the DOXAAAAA!!.... ;)

Gotcha Bill....thanks for the Info. :)

Mike