When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fantasy Omega Seamaster PO - Titanium

impulse

So , I've been admiring the SMP 300 chrono for a long time , but since the size of them are only 41 mm they look like a lady wrist watch on me.

and the Planet Oceans bezel does not really appeal to me but i love the smp bezel.

the smp bracelet is not that attractive either, and i couldnt find a ti bracelet or actually any bracelet that i really like.

anyway, Ill let the picture speak for itself instead. I would buy this in a heartbeat , even gen!

seamasterti.jpg

Möllan i malmö? ingen aning , jag bor i de mörka skogarna i småland haha =)

well , i liked the darker blue too but i decided to go with black instead.

I also redid the dial somewhat, added tritium tubes for the lume instead of super lume etc. the tritium tubes would give the watch perma-lume for at least 10 years minimum.

the hour markers have orange tritium , the hands and second are white(or blueish) and the pearl is also orange.

any more suggestions/ thoughts? =)

potriti.jpg

Now this one looks badass!

Loose the tritium though, They may actually like the idea and we'll never get a rep like this. ;)

"Seriously" though - the tubes on the hands are less consistent with the omega style of hands. The arrows are very prominent in Omega's design.

there's also a nice article on ablogtoread.com for inspiration http://www.ablogtore...ga-speedmaster/

Edited by Adeodatus

Luminox and traser and all those others out there with tritium options have no clue how to design a wristwatch. I've tried on plenty of them but none said "BUY ME"

Ill keep working on this one , i did an entire new dial for it but it's not ready yet.

what would you like to see on it? no chrono? more simplicity? more text? i dont know, im quite happy with it as it is but can still have some mods to it!

When it's done post it up, just go with what you think yourself. I think the scalloped bezel edge looks a bit odd now, but the dial is definitely interesting.

On a side note, not exactly on same topic as above but there was a guy on wus who did his own custom job with his omegas and it turned out really cool...bit different than above but I think it looks really sweet!

A mix of smps, PO's and other bits!

4789108405_6fe75bbc38_z.jpg

4815004498_387d6cff60_z.jpg

When it's done post it up, just go with what you think yourself. I think the scalloped bezel edge looks a bit odd now, but the dial is definitely interesting.

On a side note, not exactly on same topic as above but there was a guy on wus who did his own custom job with his omegas and it turned out really cool...bit different than above but I think it looks really sweet!

A mix of smps, PO's and other bits!

Droolworthy for sure! It combines some of my favorite features of both the watches. I was always a sucker for those black waves on the dial...

Luminox and traser and all those others out there with tritium options have no clue how to design a wristwatch. I've tried on plenty of them but none said "BUY ME"

Ill keep working on this one , i did an entire new dial for it but it's not ready yet.

what would you like to see on it? no chrono? more simplicity? more text? i dont know, im quite happy with it as it is but can still have some mods to it!

To me, a lot of the Lumioxes look like someone puked Christmas decoration all over the dial. They make me thing of Las Vegas.

Personally I like simplicity, but I think you should do your own thing here. I don't think it should go more simple than your previous rendition.

personally i love the smp's , they're just to damn small, just like the subs... the scalloped bezel edge is what really caught my eye the first time i saw the smp, that and the waves on the dial. im not a huge fan of the PO's case. thats why i made it like this =)

But that project up there looks freaking awesome! must have taken alot of time to merge them together like that.

I was thinking about some kind of texture to the one i made but that would take me back to a stock smp, just larger. we'll see what happens to it. i like it though as it is somehow. perhaps no chrono for next one

It's funny you mention size, I think the smp is the perfect size but hey it's just opinions anyway. ...but when they released the new model ceramic smps at basel last year I almost expected an updated bigger smp (to fit with the line up of 42mm vs 45mm PO) but it didn't happen....that would've been your perfect specimen, a 45mm smp rep :D

If you wanted to do tritium lume mods to the current chrono smp rep it would be an interesting project, might take a bit of expense and testing to get right on the rep, but it certainly would be an original design.

I think the guy that did the job on the smp above did something like you did....designed the watch he wanted in photoshop and then went off and got the parts :) ...the bezel was the only real part that took a bit of work to get right apparently.