When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received Goodies from TC, Gen Insert does Fit Pic added

cib0rgman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A SD Insert has smaller inner and outer Diameter.

Also a SD Crystal has a smaller diameter than a Sub one.

I think you have a Sub Insert a SD one is too small for a Sub.

To fit a gen Insert is not that easy, it need some force to clip in.

I think it's the usual issue on a Rep Bezel, the Insert needs to grind a bit?!?

Then is a big Issue I was under the impression that a gen will according to TC's post I just looked at this thread. in my opinion looks like the insert need sanding of the outer diameter and I will not want to do that as it will render the insert useless to be put in a Gen Watch. I know that BK TW does take gen insert

here a cut from TC thread part two, see the part where he says that the bezel takes Gen insert!!!

Now I confirm that TC Submariner watchcase fits the description of "taking gen parts". It can

1. house gen 3135 movement, and gen dial flushes into the watchcase opening without any modifcation.

2. take gen 2.5 mm gasket and gen 25-295-c crystal and the magnification still reads at 2.5x.

3. TC Sub's tube takes gen crown with no problem.

4. bezel assembly takes gen bezel insert.

5. take gen caseback.

6. TC Sub's crown position is identical to gen.

and

bk's bezel takes a gen insert, but the retaining ring needs trimmed.

seans case takes a gen insert, nothing needed trimmed.

I though TC's case would take an insert like seans case. maybe the maker is rushing cases to market, and dimensions are off. seems like peoples lugs are off, not the bezel is off.

im very interested in hearing what the verdict is...

Then is a big Issue I was under the impression that a gen will according to TC's post I just looked at this thread. in my opinion looks like the insert need sanding of the outer diameter and I will not want to do that as it will render the insert useless to be put in a Gen Watch. I know that BK TW does take gen insert

I don't think a TW Bezel take a gen Insert without a bit work on it.

but I never had a TW.

I don't think a TW Bezel take a gen Insert without a bit work on it.

but I never had a TW.

I meant that it will pop in the bezel , I get it in more than half way but then it looks like it will bend if I keep pressing, I do not want to damage it.

They are very hard to fit on a gen bezel too.

My tc case and bracelet arrived today but my insert will be a few days yet!

The clasp is superb and the best rep clasp I have seen and it works smoothly and precisely as a gen does.

The bracelet is lighter than a gen band but well finished with no sharp edges to sand down. End links are the best yet but still slightly too long inside the lugs. Case is excellent too and the best yet with a superb CG! Crown is pretty good too.

The engraving on the rehaut is wrong style but not as obvious in real vision! And will not bother me once built.

Very impressive for the money and as close as you will get so far.

No problem ;)

TC says a gen Insert clip in with no modification.

So it takes some force also on the gen one.

Want to hear from members if this is right!

Tc confirmed that it fits, but you need to use a press to make sit in place, is impossible to do this by hand

So do you fit the bezel onto the case then press the insert on? Won't that damage the insert?

Brother. I have no idea I have a MBW 1665 that i can push a Gen insert with my hands, but maybe the modern submariner is different. I eas that by TC and I do not have a press, I almost got it in using my hands, but is really hard so i stop trying. I was afraid to damage the Insert.

Brother. I have no idea I have a MBW 1665 that i can push a Gen insert with my hands, but maybe the modern submariner is different. I eas that by TC and I do not have a press, I almost got it in using my hands, but is really hard so i stop trying. I was afraid to damage the Insert.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about

I Finally got the Insert to pop in and it fits like a glow no modification required at all, is tricky to install but once you get the hang of it is easy, it almost all fits all the way and for the last mile I used a plastic tab which harder than my finger to press down on edge and it just snaps in. now to install the date-wheel and the rest. stay tuned

WP_000016-1.jpg

I Finally got the Insert to pop in and it fits like a glow no modification required at all, I tricky to install but once you the hang of it is easy, it almost all fits all the way and for the last mile I used a plastic tab which harder than my finger to press down on edge and it just snaps in. now to install the date-wheel and the rest. stay tuned

WP_000016-1.jpg

Good stuff :D

I usually use my crystal press and fit the bezel first along with click spring etc and them fit the insert once alignment is correct. Gen inserts are tougher than you think.

I do not have a press, so I have to figure a way to do things and not to damage anything like pressing the crystal, I used pliers and a piece of leather that way it protects the case and ring from damage.

I Finally got the Insert to pop in and it fits like a glow no modification required at all, is tricky to install but once you get the hang of it is easy, it almost all fits all the way and for the last mile I used a plastic tab which harder than my finger to press down on edge and it just snaps in. now to install the date-wheel and the rest. stay tuned

WP_000016-1.jpg

Finally got the gen insert in! I was afraid it would bend or snap so I didn't try further.

Then I came across this thread, tried it again. It took a few tries in getting it in. I eventually used a nylon crystal press die and hand pressed the insert in.

• 3 months later...