When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC sub finally arrived!

coolchu001

It looks very good overall. Construction is nice. However it definitely needs a pearl mod or a gen bezel. I did notice that the mag of the date looks a bit larger than my franken BK TW sub's mag with the gen crystal. The lume is good but it seems that the second's hand is not as bright as the others.

Anyhow this one has the 2824 movement with the V2 bracelet. The bracelet is quite nice. The clasp has the same engravings as my WM9 clasp. It also has a slight springy action on the clasp and all joints are firm and smooth.

Here's a few pictures of the watch (bracelet resized). I will do a more detailed review this weekend.

oax7a.jpg

3kiuI.jpg

NquiN.jpg

845a7.jpg

Svme3.jpg

7FtBJ.jpg

looking good - but needs the usual mods - gen crown, insert and crystal and i whould remove the engravings

finally some decent Subs are available again.

cheers,

Frank

The crown is quite good. It's shape is more flat than the TW sub's crown which is closer to gen. I would say a gen crystal is recommended if you want the crisp magnification and the shinier beveled edge. But I think that can be held off. A gen bezel however is a must! As for the engraving I think I'll lightly sand it down to make it less deep and give it a light polish as well. Reason I got this is for the engraving :-D.

The crown is quite good. It's shape is more flat than the TW sub's crown which is closer to gen. I would say a gen crystal is recommended if you want the crisp magnification and the shinier beveled edge. But I think that can be held off. A gen bezel however is a must! As for the engraving I think I'll lightly sand it down to make it less deep and give it a light polish as well. Reason I got this is for the engraving :-D.

if you sand anyway - remove it ;) - it looks like the crystal gasked is not high enough - cheepest way whould be to get a better gasket.

thanks for the review. as others have said it is nice to see watches like this being introduced to the community.

In my opinion, the bracelet end link is still wrong. It is the same as the Sean bracelet. there is portion that dips below the back of the watch. I asked TC about this and he never showed a picture of it. the edges are still not crisp enough.

here is your picture showing what I mean:

post-4085-0-62453500-1329423756.jpg

if you sand anyway - remove it ;) - it looks like the crystal gasked is not high enough - cheepest way whould be to get a better gasket.

I was thinking of getting a taller gasket, it does seem a bit shorter than how the crystal sits on my franken BK TW.

Looks good but bezel insert looks to be sticking up slightly and not seated into the bezel at the 7 o'clock postion.

Good eye! I have actually removed it prior to these pics, didn't press it in all the way. As other members have pointed out, my gen bezel didn't go in either. It'll need to be sanded in order for it to fit the TC bezel. I may just swap bezel assembly from the BK TW case if it fits. The teeth on that is deeper than the TC bezel.

thanks for the review. as others have said it is nice to see watches like this being introduced to the community.

In my opinion, the bracelet end link is still wrong. It is the same as the Sean bracelet. there is portion that dips below the back of the watch. I asked TC about this and he never showed a picture of it. the edges are still not crisp enough.

here is your picture showing what I mean:

I definitely see what you're saying here. Although the bracelet isn't perfect, the SEL fitment is quite good from the front. There isn't a bracelet out there that is perfect at the moment. I'm not even sure if a gen bracelet would work well for these cases.

Very nice...How do you think this compares to the TW.

can't say much on how it compares to a stock BK TW. My BK TW has gen crystal at the moment (moved the gen insert from TW to this TC). The magnification is definitely noticeable on the TC vs the gen crystal. It's more crisp and appears to be brighter with the gen. I will do a more in depth review this weekend.

Edited by coolchu001

My TC sub arrived also, and looks identical to your's. The difference I did notice is the serial number. Your serial number is V 689055, mine is V 689060, and the serial number on the case that TC did his gen vs. his rep comparison is V 689092. I wonder if the factory is engraving sequential serial numbers on their cases? Overall I'm very pleased with with the watch. Thanks TC!

My TC sub arrived also, and looks identical to your's. The difference I did notice is the serial number. Your serial number is V 689055, mine is V 689060, and the serial number on the case that TC did his gen vs. his rep comparison is V 689092. I wonder if the factory is engraving sequential serial numbers on their cases? Overall I'm very pleased with with the watch. Thanks TC!

Mine is V 689083 Maybe they do

Mine is V 689083 Maybe they do

that's great to know!

ive found taiwan factories to change up the last 3 digits of their serials between pieces, same is true for the MBWs