When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

no qc pics from perfect clones?

bamcky2k

ive ordered loads from pc the last 2 months, always had qc pics before shipping...but last week i ordered another watch, been waiting till now for qc pics-and thought this morning i would check the tracking just incase....which states its already left the country and should arrive tomorrow!

ummm....ok il be honest im not that fussed on qc pics and trust pc to send a good product...but just wondering if anybody else hasnt recieved any qc pics latley??

i am patient buddy, like i said im not fussed on qc pics as all ive bought from josh has been top notch-this is the first time ive never had a qc pic before he has shipped...(well not counting back a few years ago when i never had qc pics lol). maybe hes catching up on a back log of orders and fore-going the qc pic process? i dunno! was cool to check the tracking info just incase he had sent it without qc pics and to know itl now arrive tomorrow :1a:

i was just wondering if anybody else had ordered from pc in say the past 4 weeks, not had any qc pics and just had the watches sent?

As you probably know Josh sends you a tracking # as soon as you order. That doesn't mean he shipped it. If you think about it QC pics are also an inventory control tool. I would guess he hasn't received your watch from the factory (I.e. doesn't have one in inventory) and so you will get the QC pics when he has a watch to ship you.

As you probably know Josh sends you a tracking # as soon as you order. That doesn't mean he shipped it. If you think about it QC pics are also an inventory control tool. I would guess he hasn't received your watch from the factory (I.e. doesn't have one in inventory) and so you will get the QC pics when he has a watch to ship you.

nope, i checked the tracking number he sent me at time of purchase this morning, after waiting a good while for the qc pics which i usually get in about 2 to 3 days (i ordered the watch last tuesday). after waiting since then for the pics i decided to try the tracking number-the tracking shows the parcel is now in the uk with estimated delivery 21st...no qc pics were ever received...

like i said im not too fussy about qc pics, so its all cool! well aslong as i get what i ordered which im pretty sure i will :) just wondering if anyone else has ordered lately and not had any qc pics...

or...could sombody have ordered the same model watch as me and go my qc pics, ok'd them, then both mine and the other buyers watch have been shipped...who knows?! will let you know tomorrow when i get the watch!

Interesting. You are the first person I have heard this happening too. I was under the impression that they normally sent QC pics to everyone. My fingers are crossed for you as it sounds like you may be facing a drop ship situation.

this did enter my mind too as it goes...for the fact that shipping happend so quick after ordering...would josh do this though? or is he putting the odd order through this way to keep up with demand...tomorrow shall reveal all!

My last order from Josh was Jan 12th (before CNY) And I didn't receive QC pics either. I ordered and received an email with my tracking number that said I would receive QC pics in 2 to 3 days. 4 days passed and I never got them so I did exactly what the OP did and checked my tracking to find out that the watch was sitting in customs. 3 days later the watch was on my wrist. I chalked it up to CNY and the fact that they had to rush to get it out of the country before the shutdown.

That makes sense. I've always got the pics, but I've always ordered 2-3 watches and always over 200$

I remember going wtf no qc, then when I read his page it said I believe less than $200 = no qc photos. I remember that happening when I bought a BR-02 lite and BR heritage

nope, i checked the tracking number he sent me at time of purchase this morning, after waiting a good while for the qc pics which i usually get in about 2 to 3 days (i ordered the watch last tuesday). after waiting since then for the pics i decided to try the tracking number-the tracking shows the parcel is now in the uk with estimated delivery 21st...no qc pics were ever received...

like i said im not too fussy about qc pics, so its all cool! well aslong as i get what i ordered which im pretty sure i will :) just wondering if anyone else has ordered lately and not had any qc pics...

I think Joshua or his team made an error and forgot the pics. ;) The watch is on its way.. Personally I think the pics are a bit over

rated! ;) Main thing is...Your watch is on it's way, and it me that''s more important...

MM

<<

Interesting. You are the first person I have heard this happening too. I was under the impression that they normally sent QC pics to everyone. My fingers are crossed for you as it sounds like you may be facing a drop ship situation.

Well gee Kruz,considering many likely get the same "QC" pics of watches they are buying and dont know that,and if the shipping address is not SG,then Josh really has not seen the watch,i wonder if the drop shipping theory could be true?! ;)

Bought around 50 watches from Josh,dont worry about "QC" bs you read about with these dealers,it is what it is and Josh is the leader of the pack as far as rep watch dealers go,you will be fine.

i had qc pics for my $148 planet oceans from PC so dont think price is a factor, plus the watch arriving is $298...like i said im not that fussed on qc pics, im pretty sure ive had them in the past where the 1st and 2nd pics (of the shipping package and timing machine) were my watch, but the rest did not have my order number attached-and after some searching i found the very same pics on here and on the "example qc pics" on the web store...

i suppose a good idea would be to have the option to request them-either wait 2 or 3 days to recieve pics, or forego the pics and have the packaged shipped quicker, if its a "wear from the box with no mods" then just have it shipped, if its for say a franken project and you want to check specific things then request the pics etc.

Well gee Kruz,considering many likely get the same "QC" pics of watches they are buying and dont know that,and if the shipping address is not SG,then Josh really has not seen the watch,i wonder if the drop shipping theory could be true?! ;)

Bought around 50 watches from Josh,dont worry about "QC" bs you read about with these dealers,it is what it is and Josh is the leader of the pack as far as rep watch dealers go,you will be fine.

Dave- I know you think QC pics are worthless but I do find them to be useful and although I am not a particularly frequent flyer it has worked for me. I have opted to wait for a different watch twice in the recent past and felt what I got was an improvement over the first watch shown.