When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 V 7753

ThePimp

I see most clones are with the 7750 movement in crono watches over £300.00. There are however a few including the PAM 250 & 251's that have the 7753 movement.

In simple terms what is the major difference and which is best. The reason i ask is i have seen some on PC quoting "7750 movement and not 7753" as though the 7750 is a better movement.

While i can see the date wheel is closer to the face in a 7753 what else is different?

Totally confused, which is best, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

First, as you probably noticed 7750 and 7753 are two different movements functionally and aesthetically. One is not a subtitute for the other. The 7753 has quick set date pusher and date at 4 o'clock. 7750 has date change integrated into the crown and date at 3 o'clock. In terms of reps, when you see a watch listed as having an A7753 it is not an equivalent to an ETA 7753. There is no true 7753 Asian equivalent. What dealers call A7753 is a standard A7750 with a couple of "gears" to move the date. Those couple of gears can cause problems. ;) Think of it as any rep of a watch that on the gen uses an ETA 7753 is using a bastardized 7750. But a 7750 based gen chrono can use an Asian equivalent.

Watchmeister has given you all the details I will just add the

A7753 is a very new movement, as in invented in 2011

So where you see a watch that has the date at 4 o'clock if a 7753 option is available it is better than a 7750 option

Doesn't mean the 7753 is a better movement just that before the a7753 existed they used the a7750 for everything which in the case of dates at 4 o'clock would result in flaws like sunken date wheels

Other watches would be wrong if a 7753 was used instead of a 7750

They are different, one is not better the maker uses whichever movement would be closest to the gen for the particular watch

First, as you probably noticed 7750 and 7753 are two different movements functionally and aesthetically. One is not a subtitute for the other. The 7753 has quick set date pusher and date at 4 o'clock. 7750 has date change integrated into the crown and date at 3 o'clock. In terms of reps, when you see a watch listed as having an A7753 it is not an equivalent to an ETA 7753. There is no true 7753 Asian equivalent. What dealers call A7753 is a standard A7750 with a couple of "gears" to move the date. Those couple of gears can cause problems. ;) Think of it as any rep of a watch that on the gen uses an ETA 7753 is using a bastardized 7750. But a 7750 based gen chrono can use an Asian equivalent.

Hmm, this is not exactly true - there is actually true Asian 7753 clone, it is coming in latest batch of Daylights from Noob maker since ~2 years ago, also in some other watches as of lately (I have seen Corum Chrono and Cartier Santos Chrono powered by A7753). It has pretty much same construction as Swiss 7753, gears are not interchangeable, but concept is the same. Also, it has date quick set by pusher at 10-o-clock, and no date quick set by crown. Only functional difference is that date jumper wheel is not same construction as ETA uses, so there is no possibility to set date by going from 10PM to 2AM and back-and-forth, like it is possible on ETA 7753. Of course, biggest advantage of A7753 over A7750 with 3-6-9 config is non-recessed date wheel. Other than that - Asian gears are Asian gears, so I guess looking at same base movement reliability is probably the same 7753 or 7750. Also, so far all A7753 movements are high-beat with functional regulator, so as far as Asian 775x movements go, this is the best kind of movement.

regards

Hmm, this is not exactly true - there is actually true Asian 7753 clone, it is coming in latest batch of Daylights from Noob maker since ~2 years ago, also in some other watches as of lately (I have seen Corum Chrono and Cartier Santos Chrono powered by A7753). It has pretty much same construction as Swiss 7753, gears are not interchangeable, but concept is the same. Also, it has date quick set by pusher at 10-o-clock, and no date quick set by crown. Only functional difference is that date jumper wheel is not same construction as ETA uses, so there is no possibility to set date by going from 10PM to 2AM and back-and-forth, like it is possible on ETA 7753. Of course, biggest advantage of A7753 over A7750 with 3-6-9 config is non-recessed date wheel. Other than that - Asian gears are Asian gears, so I guess looking at same base movement reliability is probably the same 7753 or 7750. Also, so far all A7753 movements are high-beat with functional regulator, so as far as Asian 775x movements go, this is the best kind of movement.

regards

So if there are two ASIAN 7753 movements in replicas (in addition to ETA 7753 in some very expensive replicas)

I have three questions:

1. How to best for a buyer to distinguish between the two different ASIAN 7753 movements in replicas

2. That this new type of ASIAN 7753 allows a non-recessed date wheel.....I guess that would not improve the PO CHRONOGRAPH replica in any way?

3. Could give us a detailed picture comparison of the two different ASIAN 7753 movements in replicas?

So if there are two ASIAN 7753 movements in replicas (in addition to ETA 7753 in some very expensive replicas) I have three questions: 1. How to best for a buyer to distinguish between the two different ASIAN 7753 movements in replicas 2. That this new type of ASIAN 7753 allows a non-recessed date wheel.....I guess that would not improve the PO CHRONOGRAPH replica in any way? 3. Could give us a detailed picture comparison of the two different ASIAN 7753 movements in replicas?

No, there are NOT two types of ASIAN 7753 movements - there is ASIAN 7753 and ASIAN 7750 modified to mimic 7753 subdial adjustment (3-6-9). In most cases trusted dealers represent these movements correctly in their descriptions. Like I said main difference is that modified 7750 have recessed DW and date quick set on crown, while 7753 does not have either. Most reliable way to differentiate these two visually is by looking for date quick set lever, that is present on 7753 movements (Swiss and Asian) - marked by red circle on following pictures:

Corum-2011-08-11-06_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-08-07-03-05_enl.jpg

regards

No, there are NOT two types of ASIAN 7753 movements - there is ASIAN 7753 and ASIAN 7750 modified to mimic 7753 subdial adjustment (3-6-9). In most cases trusted dealers represent these movements correctly in their descriptions. Like I said main difference is that modified 7750 have recessed DW and date quick set on crown, while 7753 does not have either. Most reliable way to differentiate these two visually is by looking for date quick set lever, that is present on 7753 movements (Swiss and Asian) - marked by red circle on following pictures:

Corum-2011-08-11-06_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-08-07-03-05_enl.jpg

regards

Thanks, i was confused for a second there :-)

• 3 years later...

Bringing back an old topic.... so if I buy a rep with a modified 7750 movement (resulting in 3-6-9) layout, could I replace the Asian movement with a gen 7753 (particularly if I'm planning on using a gen dial)? Will the stems line up or am I asking for trouble?

Thanks.

Bringing back an old topic.... so if I buy a rep with a modified 7750 movement (resulting in 3-6-9) layout, could I replace the Asian movement with a gen 7753 (particularly if I'm planning on using a gen dial)? Will the stems line up or am I asking for trouble?

Thanks.

No. Date issues mainly.

Thanks for info. So if I don't plan on using a date function am I otherwise okay?

You should be fine. There is the matter of the different hand sizes if you are switching from Asian to Swiss so they have to be broached/ pinched. Or you need to source genuine hands too.