When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Sub with Clarks Crystal, 2.7mm Gasket, home made crystal press

cib0rgman

The insert should set at the exact bottom of the bevel on the crystal. Use whatever gasket can get you there. He's correct, use your fingers to pull out and down on the gasket to remove it. You are not going to break it, unless it's old and brittle. If it is, you don't want that gasket on your watch anyway.

Awesome. I'll take it apart this weekend. I'm changing the crown to a folded back 703 instead of the 704. Also, I tried a washer spacer under the bezel and the bezel is working smoother and the clicks ate much better. This is of course the startime bezel assembly, but wanted to know if the 16800 does call for a washer between the crystal ring and the bezel itself. Thanks guys. E

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, really dumb question here(there seems to be a lack of a Sapphire Sub specific FAQ I searched) New crystal gasket every time I remove the crystal ring and re-install, correct? I got lazy the last time I fiddled with the watch. I'm now drying it after a water test. Prior to that the watch has been in the water a lot. I have a few spare gaskets so no worries. Just wanted to "clarify" as I am still new to these sapphire Rollies.

E

• Like 1