When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice Submariner Feature in current (Apr 2012) Watchtime

freddy333

I agree with Freddy.

Perception and bias...

Imho, the only way to really be fair would be to perform a blind test without knowing what brand was being tested...very hard to do. It seems when the brand name 'rolex' gets involved, things may not be 100% on the level sometimes. If this particular watch was just a run of the mill brand...it would not have raised an eyebrow.

I am going out on a limb here but the rolex brand is a bit like current USA politics...if this president was just a Regular Joe he would have been run out of town on a rail by now because of his efforts to support money losing 'green ventures' (when we really need cheaper oil), the insane increase in the national debt etc, etc.

While the USA press/TV fell in love and decided he is a 'hero' and not a Regular Joe...a 'rolex president' in other words. :throb:

I have a SAR/CCG watch (eta 2824-2) made by Horoswiss/Marathon and it is 'sterile' (unbranded). No matter who looks at it, no one shows much interest in it. It does not have a brand name so no one knows where it fits in the pecking order although it is a pure 'tool watch' with a no BS 200M rating, rotating bezel etc. It also has a double O ring non screw down crown and this upsets some because they believe 100M or more requires a screw down crown.

Otoh, if I wore a fogged up rolex 16610, the lookers would probably oooh! and aaah! and whiz down their leg.

As for our current president...it looks like he's a fake rolex. :ph34r:

We would probably be better off with Nixon's head in a fruit jar.

"I am not a crook!"

The top of my head just blew off. :rudolph:

I agree with Freddy.

Perception and bias...

Imho, the only way to really be fair would be to perform a blind test without knowing what brand was being tested...very hard to do. It seems when the brand name 'rolex' gets involved, things may not be 100% on the level sometimes. If this particular watch was just a run of the mill brand...it would not have raised an eyebrow.

I am going out on a limb here but the rolex brand is a bit like current USA politics...if this president was just a Regular Joe he would have been run out of town on a rail by now because of his efforts to support money losing 'green ventures' (when we really need cheaper oil), the insane increase in the national debt etc, etc.

While the USA press/TV fell in love and decided he is a 'hero' and not a Regular Joe...a 'rolex president' in other words. :throb:

I have a SAR/CCG watch (eta 2824-2) made by Horoswiss/Marathon and it is 'sterile' (unbranded). No matter who looks at it, no one shows much interest in it. It does not have a brand name so no one knows where it fits in the pecking order although it is a pure 'tool watch' with a no BS 200M rating, rotating bezel etc. It also has a double O ring non screw down crown and this upsets some because they believe 100M or more requires a screw down crown.

Otoh, if I wore a fogged up rolex 16610, the lookers would probably oooh! and aaah! and whiz down their leg.

As for our current president...it looks like he's a fake rolex. :ph34r:

We would probably be better off with Nixon's head in a fruit jar.

"I am not a crook!"

The top of my head just blew off. :rudolph:

I feel your pain, my son!