When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found my old WM9 Sub again...

Marc16610

Hi guys,

It's been over a couple of years now since the last time i've been reading on this forum/board.

I was always more of a "reader" then a "poster" for that matter... :-)

Never the less, i've learned a lot from a the reading, but now I need some advice.

The thing is, we have recently moved in to our new house and during the moving a found my "old" WM9 Sub.

I really forgot that i still had this.

I could not seem to find back George's (WM9) website for the specs. I understand he has quit.

All I know is that I bought my watch end 2007 / begin 2008 directly form George's website.

It came with a Clark's crystal. The only thing a have done to it is replaced the pearl for a gen pearl.

Can anyone tell me what version this is? And what would be a fair price if I decide to let it go?

I've uploaded some "quick and dirty" pic's on Picasa :

https://picasaweb.go...CJzJyOvTysuTvgE

Thanks for the help guys.

Best regards,

Marc

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Fair price of a stock wm9 v2 is around 250$ nowdays!

But i can give you 300$ now directly :D

The fact is, over ther years that you havent been around we all decided that this watch is shity and NOT good at all as a matter of fact its the worst ever made rep sub! :D

If you'd have asked that question 90 days ago the answer would likely have been closer to 600.00 or so stock.

The arrival of the TC V series 16610 ( WM9 v4) and his M series (basically a WM9 v2) seemed to have caused the market prices of the WM9's to plummet.

But congrats on the find.

I know that made your day :)

I agree with correctime the tc sub is a whole new animal that really seems to take wm9s thunder away and it's really cool how it takes a gen movement with out needing to be modded! I may swap all of my TW parts over to a tc sub case and put a 3135 in it :)

Thanks guys for the feedback.

To be honest i'm a bit surprised that it took the factory's such a long time to come with something like the TC for example.

It's almost 4 / 5 years since the WM9.

Maybe i'll keep my WM9 and going to hunt down some gen parts. Going to sleep it over. :-)

Greets,

Marc

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Thanks guys for the feedback.

To be honest i'm a bit surprised that it took the factory's such a long time to come with something like the TC for example.

It's almost 4 / 5 years since the WM9.

Maybe i'll keep my WM9 and going to hunt down some gen parts. Going to sleep it over. :-)

Greets,

Marc

Marc m8, my post was a joke ;)

You can easy get 500-550 its still an amazing watch probebly one of the best!!! I would keep it for sure.

Man I wish I would have found something like a WM9 v2 sub when we moved a year and a half ago. But the only forgotten stuff I managed to find was a broken slinky, a pink Takano hoodie and some old bread crumbs..

So congrats on finding a sweet little treasure there mate! :)

It could also be a v1 refurb. I had one, it was great even though it had no mods. Only way to know is by the CG (if they are a bit defected).

Marc, my opinion is to keep it and wear it. It is a phenomenal watch, and you should enjoy it. No point in upgrading or searching for the perfect Sub, you have a great one right in front of you.

If you need mods let one of our great modders do the work. You already put a gen pearl, that is all it really needs unless you have the need for some more gen parts.

Edited by clkcadet

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

It's been more than a year, almost 1,5 year, when I started this topic after I found my WM9 Sub… 

Since then I have worn the watch a couple of times but it doesn't get the "weartime" it deserves.

For that reason I decided to part with it. 

But I have 1 small question : 

Must I upgrade my account before I can post in the "trading section"? Or is there an other option?

I read that you have to have a minimum of 30+ post… In my case that will take an other 14 years…. :-)

Thanks for the advice.