When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Gathering (Complete collection)

Smab

Hi to all fellow members :) I finally got the whole collection gathered to take a few photos.

This is the first time I have taken all of my watches out of the boxes and wrappings at the same time, having them lined up for a shot. Hope you enjoy (forgive some lesser quality on some pictures, it is my cell phone camera, but still some of them turned out quite nice).

Foto2046.jpgFoto2047.jpgFoto2049.jpgFoto2048.jpgFoto2058.jpgFoto2057.jpgFoto2056.jpgFoto2055.jpgFoto2050.jpgFoto2051.jpgFoto2052.jpgFoto2053.jpgFoto2054.jpgFoto2054.jpgFoto2043.jpgFoto2044.jpgFoto2045.jpgFoto2041.jpg

Foto2042.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice collection... warming up to the DSSD. Is that also a PAM 359? where is that from?

:)

Hi there Spitfire. The 359 is the V2 version from PureTime. OBS: because of datewheel issues, all of these latest versions of this series use the low-beat (21.600) 7750 movement.

No big deal really, but you should know what your are buying, I did not get aware, before afterwords. Since the second hand is so small, it is not possible to see the slightly slower beat rate from the movement than the GEN highbeat (28.800).

I also got the DSSD from same dealer.

As I have learned later, they say the dial on the socalled Trevor version (also called V7) is better than the one I got (Asia Superclone edition, but this one with a Sellita movement). You can tell from the hour markers, they have too thick metal rim, and the GEN has flatter markers, also the marker at 12, 6 and 9 is better on the V7. But supposedly, the V7 case is not so good as the one I have. The pearl on mine is pretty good, but a little to dark in colour. The GEN is a little whiter, and perhaps slightly bigger. Possibly the easiest tell from a GEN, is the finish of the bracelet, and the HE valve on the GEN is slightly recessed.

But it is a very nice watch, and it is very comfortable to wear. If I were to buy (and could afford) a GEN Rolex, I would consider the DSSD above anything else. They retail at NOK 69.900 here in Norway. Almost 12.000 USD, about 11.000 USD too much for my budget B)

Hi all and thanks for the feedback so far :) One note on the Concord C1, that several of you have commented on:

I got it several years ago (2009), it is barely used, cause it is a very special watch, that due to design just is right or just is wrong, depending on what you wear.

The AR on this one is one of the best I have ever seen on a rep, and come in mind, this is before they started with the socalled "Swiss Standards colorless AR". It has a slight blue hue, but only at sharp angles. The partly carbon fibre dial has a really nice 3D effect to it, not very easy to catch on a photo.

Most of the time, the crystal is not visible at all. Only from the side, since it is raised from the rubber bezel by more than 1mm and you can clearly see the edge at the sides. Kind of cool, really. One colleague of mine tried to touch the dial, thinking there were no crystal at all, or it had fallen off! Kind of rude, getting it all smudgy :g:

TIP to clean those AR coated crystals - use a throw-away cleaning cloth for LCD computer displays. It does not harm the coating, and if it is the right kind (not the cheapest stuff), the solvent evaporates, leaving a smuge-and dustfree surface and a perfect AR appearance. The cloths comes in small boxes with typical 100 pcs, use and throw away.

If you use a cloth meant for repeated use, you have the risk of the cloth picking up dirt and small grains of dust or stuff, risking to scratch the AR surface.

I did with my SFSO, using a super-duper microfibre cloth, meant for cleaning syntetic sunglass lenses. It was dirty, so ending up some tiny scrathes on my SFSO, and I had just gotten it! I was really angry at my self. No same mistake twice.