When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

first ever rep watch my review of the whole experience

archierocks

First thing thanks to anyone reading this im sorry about the images i left my camera in the house so had to use my iphone i have worked in jewellery watches for fifteen years have seen but never bought any level of replica watch i guess until now i kinda looked down on them.

i like all noobs who have ever wanted a rep will get lost in the amount on offer all over the world where and who do you buy from coming on here i learned a lot fast and i went with josh at perfect clones .

never having a Panerai i decided to go for one of them i ordered a PAM 318 from josh shipped to the uk $289.00 asian 6497 movement

PN318L12 Pam 318 L NV SS/LE Blk 6497l

on the 29th of feb went through the process pretty quick and i had QC images from him within a few days checked over the images and i was impressed .(if im honest i thought yea very good i wonder what will arrive )

Watch arrived in around 10days from josh which i thought was excellent and could be tracked all the way .

also going through all the info on the site i decided to order a better quality strap i hunted out one i liked and ordered from waccex paid and had the strap in 5 days from Germany to the uk i ordered a bob shell cordovan strap in black with white stitching cost shipped to the uk $60.00

1ST image is how both packages arrived with me

4rayom.jpg

NEXT IMAGES INSIDE PACKAGING OF BOTH

33nul1g.jpg

2pqrpmo.jpg

was impressed with how the watch came packaged with the rubber guard over it

34dik1x.jpg

Checking over the watch the build quality did take me by surprise not much difference in feel to a gen which i have seen in my local dealers only thing that let it down a little was the strap it came on if you do go for one def order a better strap its night and day in quality.

2m5nx8n.jpg

295687c.jpg

the watch i picked had an unusual back on it i think the 318 was a limited edition sold out of the new York boutique of only 150 hence the Brooklyn bridge on the back (i could be wrong about that its just what i have picked up from a little research while waiting on the watch)

The quality of the rep back is amazing to the engraving of the bridge makes it very very convincing in my eyes.

nqtrm.jpg

The lume on the watch is also quite impressive i don't know how close it is to gen quality but im more than happy with it the pick was taken

After having the watch out the box for around 20 mins in my workshop it was not under any lighting .

6ed639.jpg

last few pics of the watch

33xgdi0.jpg

i have gave the movement a once over and a mini service and im more than happy with it for the price there is always the option to upgrade to better movements but this being my first one i didn't until i had checked out the seller.

from start to finish this website has been such a great help in finding dealers etc that any noob coming on here and reading up should have no fear ordering from trusted dealers as im sure the level of service in most will be the same

to sum up ordering from both josh and waccex has opened my eyes completely to the rep market and i would order from both tomorrow in fact im about to order from both again just now lol

I hope you have enjoyed this and any noob reading it feels safer to order and to ask experience members on here but a little research goes a long way before making any purchase.

A great read Archie

Looks like we have a new convert here!

The great news about the 318 is that direct from the factory it came with an undecorated 6497-1 movement that caused a right uproar on paneristi so add in that movement and you have a nice first franken.

And the Bob Cordovan what a nice strap!!!!

Wear it well and enjoy the hobby,try not to let it become an obsesion but as you have started with panerai then it will become one but try to keep your house and wife!

good to hear it went well!

what happened with the movement? shame to hear what was sounding like a pleasant transaction go bad!

really hope you manage to get it sorted, from what iv read about andrew hel be able to help :)

the watch is running very very fast gaining at least 4-5sec a min have emailed josh and im sure he will offer a solution

im not starting to really wonder about it need to take the back off tomorrow and have another proper look with that movement there is nothing i should have done before the first time setting it or have i over looked something this is not a movement im familiar with

mike is there a tattoo section i have loads lol

the watch is running very very fast gaining at least 4-5sec a min have emailed josh and im sure he will offer a solution

im not starting to really wonder about it need to take the back off tomorrow and have another proper look with that movement there is nothing i should have done before the first time setting it or have i over looked something this is not a movement im familiar with

mike is there a tattoo section i have loads lol

Here you go Archie..I guess this is as good a place as any.

Im looking foward to seeing some of those tats. :)

http://www.rwg.cc/fo...232-mans-style/

Mike

Enjoyed reading your post Archie - it overlapped almost exactly with my first transaction with Joshua. Everything was as many people have outlined before, simple to communicate with him, and watch was with me in 10 days flat.

Had a problem with the s/s bracelet dialling open, and after a few emails between us it was sent back. Within a couple of weeks it was back with me, no probs. Mont Blanc Timewalker isn't every one's cup of tea, but for me it has the makings of a classic. Was messing about with the iPhone and instagram app, so some low quality shots attached. Will be back off to J for a Pam soon, no doubt...

post-40553-100518.jpg