When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Offboard Dealers

dadog13

i decided to buy one rep from a dealer that it isn't from this or from any rep forums that we have....reason?...he said he had a breitling seawolf ti...and I WANTED IT SO BADLY, AND I STILL WANT IT that i decided to try it..

so i send the money to the person...paid via WU...260$ + WU taxes 30$ + custom taxes 100$....and the waiting started...i trusted this dealer, that he'll send me the watch...no doubt about it...after 3 weeks of waiting, irecived a letter from the customs that my watch arrived...i went there, showed them what i paid for it...paid the taxes...opened the box....and what i got?

Breitling seawolf avenger chrono ti.....DAMN!...so i was [censored] off.....and i still am...contacted the dealer...he said he'll check where was the mistake...and he said to me that he has no longer the wanted watch ( i knew...and i suppose he only wanted to sell me the watch in first time...but if he only sent me the SS version, it would be better)...

now i have the Breitling seawolf avenger chrono ti....worth 390$...that i don't wanna...

it is a sad story...and if you wanna make me happy...offer me your BREITLING SEAWOLF TI so i can buy it....

and the most important, stick with our dealers cause it is easier to deal with them that with the dealers offboard....

Total [censored], dadog. I was happy for you when you told me you'd found one of these and I was ready and set to buy from the same guy, but something told me to hang back.

That was two times I didn't jump on a Seawolf Ti (the other being Chronomat's) that could have turned into a disaster. Guess I must have a nose for these things.

That doesn't make you feel any better though :(

take note all those who complain about our dealers - they may call a rep with flaws the "perfect sub" but you get what you see in the photos everytime !!!!

Sacred words.

:( Sorry to hear, dadog.

I honestly do believe that the seller meant to send you the correct one. That is the same source where I got mine from. He had indicated to me that he had limited supply left... But still had a few when I bought mine.

If I still had one, it would be yours :(

SHORT UPDATE :

i e-mailed the dealer...he apologized...and told me that i can have another watch for 50% of the price, so he can make up for the mistake...and i think that is great news...after all...everyone makes mistakes...i am sad that i didn't got the wanted watch.....but i am happy cause i found that agter all he is a good person!

@ubi...tnx anyway!

wow 50% of your next watch. I am sorry this it typical asian style doing business for some asian, we solve problem next time.

You order something and pay a lot of money for a rep and all you get is 50% for a next time. This means that you will have to order from him the next time and spent even more money. I don't know the margin these dealer makes on a watch but in the end it does not cost him anything to solve the problem.

As for the mistake, you ordered a product and they shipped the wrong one, mistake ? Why does he not give you 50% of this watch, the wrong one you got, that seems a more fair deal to me.

I would hestitate to buy from some unknown dealer and even some stories I read here on the board make me hesitate buying from 1 dealer. If buying at all from an unknown dealer not via WU because than your money is gone, paypal would give some insurance if the seller sents the wrong thing.

wow 50% of your next watch. I am sorry this it typical asian style doing business for some asian, we solve problem next time.

You order something and pay a lot of money for a rep and all you get is 50% for a next time. This means that you will have to order from him the next time and spent even more money. I don't know the margin these dealer makes on a watch but in the end it does not cost him anything to solve the problem.

As for the mistake, you ordered a product and they shipped the wrong one, mistake ? Why does he not give you 50% of this watch, the wrong one you got, that seems a more fair deal to me.

I would hestitate to buy from some unknown dealer and even some stories I read here on the board make me hesitate buying from 1 dealer. If buying at all from an unknown dealer not via WU because than your money is gone, paypal would give some insurance if the seller sents the wrong thing.

I tend to agree - sounds like a successful scam to me. I'm willing to put dollars to doughnuts that he would make $$ on you twice in that transaction.

not to mention that since you seem satisfied, he would believe that you could likley buy again.

I am not sure how much I like the "Asian" reference to how to solve this problem... can't count how many time US retailers have given me $$$ or % off my next purchase because something went wrong with this one...

Besides, many of the trusted and reliable dealers from this site also offer a % off your next purchase sometimes when things go wrong...

I am not sure how much I like the "Asian" reference to how to solve this problem... can't count how many time US retailers have given me $$$ or % off my next purchase because something went wrong with this one...

Besides, many of the trusted and reliable dealers from this site also offer a % off your next purchase sometimes when things go wrong...

#1 Re: Paul. - he is only semi trusted in my opinion. His in's and out's of trusted status are well documented.

re: photos of other dealers - most of them use factory photos, take a look at trusty and josh - lots of similiar photos :)

I don't think i'm letting out a big secret here when i say it is my understanding that most likley the watches cost the dealers half or less of what they are selling for. They have a heavy overhead - "the law" customs seizures - defective crap from the factory. high cost of international shipping ect ect.

i think the prices are appropriate - but, he made money on you the first time - the 2nd time, he is still making $$ but less. I think he knew he was sending the wrong watch, and he made the money. THen, in order to keep your business he offered to make more $$ on you.

I mean, you at least got a watch, which is better than most sites

well...i am gonna buy a watch for 130$ shipped that our dealers sell for 300$...i think that after all, i will get a nice watch and at least will be satisfied that this dealer made his part by giving me this % off the next purchase...

BTW...i got a watch (Breitling seawolf avenger chrono ti) that is the same being sold by our dealers...and i always pay the WU taxes and the custom taxes no matter what dealer i use...so, i payed the watch what i would pay to any of our dealers...so no scam...

mabe he knew that he was out of stock for the piece i ordered (breitling seawolf ti), and wanted to sell it and earn some $$$...but i do not take that so badly since i will get a big discount on the next purchase...

been dealing with Joshua...TTK....EL...Sichuan..and some others that i don't remember..and never got any discounts...so after all, i don't think he is a scammer...

i'll keep this updated so you know if the story went well...and i don't doubt it will!

Maybe you have already checked it out, but Silix still has the SeaWolf Ti on his site...

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1406

He is usually quick to note "sold out" or "unavailable" when his stock runs out..

tnx fro the info...but i think i've read somewhere that somebody e-mailed him but he said that he doesn't have it any more...

I have ordered mine yesterday from a forum friend... :thumbsupsmileyanim: