When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Omega logo on the crystal

gran

I don't think so, as the matter of fact I haven't seen it on any gen either, except on this one.

P's how was in Madrid?

Madrid was excellent I even ate Octopuss there....Prado was too crowded so went to Thyssen and quite enjoyed the main collection there

I have never seen it on a rep crystal.

The Omega symbol is on ALL genuine Omega crystals (at least the plastic ones), if it's not there, the crystal is not genuine.

Thanks The Zigmeister...and good to know. I guess its not always centered in the middle?

It is centered, what you don't see very often is it oriented correctly, many watchmakers don't realize it's there and install it crooked or upside down.

I always make sure to orient it properly, like the coronet engraved on rolex crystals, it should be lined up and oriented properly, it's all in the details...

I think most Speedmasters use plastic crystals, if your crystal is plastic and it's not got the logo on the middle of the inside, it's not a genuine crystal.

It is centered, what you don't see very often is it oriented correctly, many watchmakers don't realize it's there and install it crooked or upside down.

I always make sure to orient it properly, like the coronet engraved on rolex crystals, it should be lined up and oriented properly, it's all in the details...

I think most Speedmasters use plastic crystals, if your crystal is plastic and it's not got the logo on the middle of the inside, it's not a genuine crystal.

wow very good to know cheers!

The Zigmeister are all gen logos definitely oriented correctly from Omega? it's just the speedmaster you just serviced for me had a off centered logo and i know it's never been serviced.

BTW great work on the chrono module!! amazing work.

Can't say for sure how they are oriented from the Omega factory... but in the case of your Speedy...I do know that the crystal is now oriented correctly and right side up. :)

Chrono was a challenge for sure, but I am always up for a challenge. Hope you like the results...

Yep gen crystals have the logo if you do not know it is there you will have to look for it but it should be there

Speedies should have them. First time I see it on Seamaster though. Thought it was a Speedster feature. When this practice has started?

I think it's just an issue that the Speedmaster is one of the few modern Omegas with a plexiglass crystal as opposes to sapphire. I'm sure you'll see this across the entire range of vintage Omegas with plexiglass crystals.

I think it's just an issue that the Speedmaster is one of the few modern Omegas with a plexiglass crystal as opposes to sapphire. I'm sure you'll see this across the entire range of vintage Omegas with plexiglass crystals.

Yes, thanks. I talked to a friend who is an Omega AD shop owner who confirmed that

"only "plastics" have the logo, Speedmasters, Contellations, plastic Seamasters, all of them. She doesn't know when this practice has started, she thinks early 60's, but she'll try to ask for us in the next couple of days. Pre-moon speedies definitely have the logo, though"

This is a photo of the Omega logo on the crystal on my vintage De Ville. It really is very small, and it helps to have a loupe when you're looking for it. The guy who replaced the crystal clearly didn't realize it was there, so it was installed upside down.

DSC00380.jpg

Edited by calatrava

• 3 months later...